Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1915cc turbo
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

Never had problems with my drums stopping. My new car has drums on back. Discs are better at not fading and fetting rid of water. I would get discs though.
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

How poor condition are your damned drum brakes, guys?

Kris Laffer ran the Devils hot rod into the low 9's with stock drum brakes

When my 63 bug was N/A, I was running 11.70's with ONLY stock rear drum brakes and was making great the first turn out at my local track.

You guys make them sound like a suicide ride, lol.

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

When freeway traffic all slams on the brakes at the same time, you realize your drums are like a knife in a gunfight. I had no problems with all drums until all the other idiots driving in front of me showed me how unsafe they were, and I leave a good amount of following distance when I drive. I feel Beetle brakes aren't all that bad until you need a panic stop.

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

They work ok sometimes. When the shoes are worn in, but before you cook the crap out of them. I don't know what the deal is but I never had a shoe wear out, I start getting fade even as low as 70mph and don't know why, switch to different shoes and it improves. I try different shoes but they are all the same, all cheap, just different colors.
Kymco is gone, right?
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

Joel Mohr from Mohr Performance in Hesperia, CA had a 1915 turbo kit for $1900. It uses a single modified Kadron. Very clean and discreet setup that makes decent power for a budget 1915. He also has a kit for a stock 1600.
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

Whatever you do; do not go with Lowbugget. It will never happen.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

HRVW wrote:
A Turbos function is to operate under Boost which is generally done on hard acceleration thru the gears.

Driving normally the vac/boost guage will move between 16 and 5 inches of Vac as it does on my Turbo when shifting gears.

If I step harder and longer on the gas pedal I go into BOOST mode.

smaller turbos with smaller diameter piping are almost always on boost.
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1915cc turbo Reply with quote

Eaallred wrote:
How poor condition are your damned drum brakes, guys?

New, still fades like a summbitch.

Quote:
Kris Laffer ran the Devils hot rod into the low 9's with stock drum brakes.

He also had a chute, I don't. Wink

Quote:
When my 63 bug was N/A, I was running 11.70's with ONLY stock rear drum brakes and was making great the first turn out at my local track. You guys make them sound like a suicide ride, lol.

Maybe your local track has more runout in it, Union Grove WI nearly didn't have enough for me but it's not the tracks fault. I stand by my statement, racing and good brakes go together like rednecks and dentures. Laughing

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: