Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlights aim left no matter how I adjust them
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westy Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Headlights aim left no matter how I adjust them Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have light buckets that have adjusting screws at 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock. I've figured out that they are an early 60's style. So can anyone tell me what's the trick to preventing my headlights from aiming low and to the left? I do have some eyelids stuck in there, which I would think would make the lights aim higher.

I've taken the lights apart and they look correct. But they just don't seem to move when I turn the screws. If they did move, I'm sure I could adjust them.

Thanks,

Steve
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Headlights aim left no matter how I adjust them Reply with quote

Westy Steve wrote:

I've taken the lights apart and they look correct. But they just don't seem to move when I turn the screws. If they did move, I'm sure I could adjust them.

If your light screws are at 1(2) and 7 you should have a grommeted and cir-clipped post upon which the aiming ring pivots. If your screws turn but don't pull or push the aiming ring- replace the screws or the tabs- because something is stripped. Also, replace the short rubber plugs if they are dry.

I do not know how correct eyebrows effect the overall aim- but I'd expect them to make the overall glow from the headlights seem less powerful.

Beyond that- why don't you post a few good pics of your assemblies so we can dissect them? There are a couple existing threads that get into these assemblies (not buckets). Search them because many folks who know best are less likely to keep rehashing their advice.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: