Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scat universal linkage
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoguy009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

Do you have to remove or lift up the alternator stand to get the long bolt thru the engine case to support the linkage?
cn63bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

You shouldn't have to. I installed mine while the stand was still on without any issues.
videoguy009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

Thanks alot.Didn't think you had to.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

I didnt.
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

Run the left arm on top of the linkage and the right side under the linkage arm. I had to use a 1/8 spacer, but that's because I am using a MST aluminum alternator stand.

Or you can run both underneath the linkage arm.

Not my pic, but you can see where the barrel nut goes for the throttle cable. Underneath it is the linkage arm I have been referering too.

This image has them backwards. Flip the adjustable linkage tube on the bottom for the right carb.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
videoguy009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

Did you have any problem installing the large bolt thru the engine case?I looked carefully at mine and it looks like either the alt. stand may be too high or the alt. stand stud would prevent the bolt from going thru .
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Scat universal linkage Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I installed the center-pull linkage. I think I had to remove a stud in the case and I think the large bolt that goes thru the engine case was too long and I cut it down to fit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: