Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSLAVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

This is my first posting in vintage speed. I have these Zenith 32 NDIX sitting in my store. Came along with oval.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What other parts i need to put them on my 36hp stock? Where could i get them?

1) Heads - Okrasa?
2) linkage?
3) fuel line?
4) distributor?
5) ?
6) ?
ibilisi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

Tobias put these on his 36hp.

tobiasax is the username here on the forums. I believe he uses okrasa heads, steffig manifolds and a bosch 010 distributor. I think a CSP push pull linkage as well. That is just off the top of my head, so don't quote me.

http://lowlightkaizen.blogspot.se
TSLAVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up, ibilisi.

I checked tobaisax previous posting. Here was his setup.

1957 type 122 industrial engine case
WW 69,5 crank
Genuine Okrasa heads
Slightly lightened flywheel
8.2:1
Zenith 32 NDIX (24 mm venturies)
S-G manifolds
WW Okrasa/CSP bell crank with homemade carburator arms.
Air filters of unknown origin (ebay.de)
Bosch BR25/010 distributor
NOS VW-logo muffler with TDE tail pipes

He also mentioned that he use stock cam.

My manifolds have parts no 616 08 311. Checked online and found out they are Porsche 356 manifold. Are they compatible with WW okrasa heads?

Could i use WW fuel line used for okrasa for zenith carb?
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111127511AOK
tobiasax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

TSLAVO wrote:

WW 69,5 crank
Genuine Okrasa heads
S-G manifolds

My manifolds have parts no 616 08 311. Checked online and found out they are Porsche 356 manifold. Are they compatible with WW okrasa heads?

I use Porsche 356 fuel lines for Zeniths (Stoddard) and a home made adapter to fit it to the fuelpump (it needs to be very low and all ready-made solution did build too much height).

Yesterday I made a 40 mile tour with my Ghia and I love the character and the sound of the engine. If you want to use it for some kind of competition I suggest a hotter cam. For all around street purposes the original cam is great! Lots of low end power (for being a 1300cc 36hp-based engine).
tobiasax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

TSLAVO wrote:

WW 69,5 crank
Genuine Okrasa heads
S-G manifolds

Forgot: your manifolds will not fit. Try StefiG here on thesamba for a set of his.
TSLAVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

I thought of using twin Zenith, Posche manifold and Knecht air filter since i am having them. If i need to buy another steffig manifold and ww okrasa head, it might be cheaper now to buy an install complete kit from WW at $1495.00. A pair of WW heads alone will cost $1090.00.

Tobiasax, is your ghia 6v? My oval will be 6v, Do you think there is any implication on this setup particularly 6v coil?

My motor is oval stock 1200. I have a 022 VJR 4 distributor sitting in my store, will that a good match on this setup?
tobiasax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

TSLAVO wrote:
I thought of using twin Zenith, Posche manifold and Knecht air filter since i am having them. If i need to buy another steffig manifold and ww okrasa head, it might be cheaper now to buy an install complete kit from WW at $1495.00. A pair of WW heads alone will cost $1090.00.

Tobiasax, is your ghia 6v? My oval will be 6v, Do you think there is any implication on this setup particularly 6v coil?

My motor is oval stock 1200. I have a 022 VJR 4 distributor sitting in my store, will that a good match on this setup?

I run a 6V Bosch blue coil and it works fine at 8.2;1 compression. Perheps I could get one more horsepower with a pointless 12V system, but I don't care as I don't want to modernize too much.

You are right, the Zenith route is not the cheapeast/simplest route to horsepower. The complete WW kit is hard to beat value wise.

I was in your situation, but had in the end the luck to buy original Okrasa heads for less than what WW charges!

I wanted this solution over the WW-kit as I have a Ghia and don't like the "bends". With the S-G + NDIX I can run duals, still retaining lid springs without any bends.
JeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

which jetting do you have on the NDIX?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tobiasax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36hp Reply with quote

JeeWee wrote:
which jetting do you have on the NDIX?

I started out with stock Porsche 356 Normal (60hp) jetting. It ran OK, but a test at the dyno suggested a slightly bigger low speed jet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: