Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need windshield " riot "
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
desi2960
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: I need windshield " riot " Reply with quote

I bought a thunder ranch riot and was surprised when it was delivered, it has a lean windshield, not safty glass. It cannot pass inspection for street use until I find a replacement.
I have read a 1974 corvette rear window is what was used originally. I contacted 3 custon windshield manufacturers and was told they could not make one.
I've just started on this and thought someone here might have suggestions as how to solve problem.

Thanks chuck
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: I need windshield " riot " Reply with quote

All rear windows are made from tempered glass. They will not pass as a front windshield. One stone and it will shatter and cover you and everyone in broken glass. Windshields have a plastic hayer laminated into them to prevent this.
desi2960
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I need windshield " riot " Reply with quote

You are 100 percent right, found this out after I posted. and thank you for your reply.
Also I found a company" pilington glass " home office in europe, but offices all over the world.
They can make windshield for any one off kit car.

Luckily there is a plant in springfield, mo. I live about 50 miles away.

I may have to mortgage my home, but I can have one made. Problem solved.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I need windshield " riot " Reply with quote

I looked at a picture of a Riot. I think you might mean '78 Corvette.

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: