Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away..
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Yes, it sold. It is now in Las Vegas, NV.

I am the new owner of the 65 SEMA build single cab.

I am 6’3” and wear a size 13 shoe, so the current pedal set up doesn’t work for me but there will be some changes made and once those are completed I plan to drive the hell out of this thing and take it to shows in CA and NV so you might see it out and about at some large VW shows soon.

good for you. I would love to see a picture of you sitting in it. I think this thing is awesome.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yes, it sold. It is now in Las Vegas, NV.

I am the new owner of the 65 SEMA build single cab.

I am 6’3” and wear a size 13 shoe, so the current pedal set up doesn’t work for me but there will be some changes made and once those are completed I plan to drive the hell out of this thing and take it to shows in CA and NV so you might see it out and about at some large VW shows soon.
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

This thing is awesome, read through the whole thing and my jaw was on the floor.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

It was for sale here for a while, it made the whines. I can't recall for sure, but I'd swore he reduced the price into the $50K range after a while.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9412503&highlight=praised#9412503

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2389435
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

So it's sold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mX_yu-j8Qk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

just listened to Let's Talk Dubs Episode 112 and they talk about this single cab a bunch..

https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

One of my Favorite angles....

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Really ^^^^^ what everyone is saying^^^. From page 1 to that...so trick! Your truck tells the tailgate to shut up if it doens't like getting pounded with wind.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

That's awesome, congratulations!! That thing ripping around the track had to be a sight to see
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

You are a very talented guy. Well done and well deserved.
Culito

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

GoodGuys... AWSOME DAY!!

The SingleCab won a top10 builders choice award!!

We also got to take several laps around Texas Motor Speedway. Got to run the truck up against the wall in all 4 turns at over 80MPH!! The SC was LOVING every minute of it!!

pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Culito wrote:
pyrOman wrote:
Before I installed the safaris I had a good idea on how to make the wipers work like that. Now with the safaris I don’t have the need since most of the time I set the wipers laying down. The idea is nothing new and I’m sure it has been used before in other applications. It’s just a part to be made and attached to the existing motor. Cool

My entire wiper assembly is missing, and this seems like a great excuse to do something unnecessarily complicated!

I’ll have to either google a pix or create a drawing of my own of the part needed. But that should have its own thread so as not to hijack this one. Cool
Culito

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Before I installed the safaris I had a good idea on how to make the wipers work like that. Now with the safaris I don’t have the need since most of the time I set the wipers laying down. The idea is nothing new and I’m sure it has been used before in other applications. It’s just a part to be made and attached to the existing motor. Cool

My entire wiper assembly is missing, and this seems like a great excuse to do something unnecessarily complicated!
johnnypan wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Culito

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Neonist wrote:
Will be a good challenge to make them work with one motor as they move opposite directions. It will take a doubler arm and some space to get the ratios/lengths right. The motors are not that expensive and fit well under each side of the dash.

As for the exterior. The arms that are available do have the bracket that has the stud mount for the fixed arm. Its then starting to get bulky and the section sticks above the window frame. Getting to untidy for me. I chose to drill a hole and mount the stud straight to the body. Ill get you a close up photo of the arms

Culito wrote:
Neonist wrote:
Culito wrote:
Out of all the crazy stuff going on here...I have to ask about the wiper arm linkage / assembly. Laughing

I'm interested.

Pantograph wiper setup for Marine Use. It takes two separate motors, an electronic controller and custom wiper arms. You can buy the wiper arms but even the shortest ones are about 2" to long for our windows. To think I almost didn't put them on. It was a last minute deal a day before I left for SEMA. Those and paint color are the most asked questions.

Thanks. they look friggin' sweet.
I started shopping as soon as I saw them, and did find some marine pantograph arms. I'm temped to make some linkage to make a single motor work and see if I can fit some without drilling any extra holes.

Oh yeah, the opposite direction thing.
I did see the stud mounts. Not sure how I could get something done without drilling additional holes and still have it somewhat sleek, but it sounds like a fun challenge.
Have a link to the motors that you used?
johnnypan wrote:
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Will be a good challenge to make them work with one motor as they move opposite directions. It will take a doubler arm and some space to get the ratios/lengths right. The motors are not that expensive and fit well under each side of the dash.

As for the exterior. The arms that are available do have the bracket that has the stud mount for the fixed arm. Its then starting to get bulky and the section sticks above the window frame. Getting to untidy for me. I chose to drill a hole and mount the stud straight to the body. Ill get you a close up photo of the arms

Culito wrote:
Neonist wrote:
Culito wrote:
Out of all the crazy stuff going on here...I have to ask about the wiper arm linkage / assembly. Laughing

I'm interested.

Pantograph wiper setup for Marine Use. It takes two separate motors, an electronic controller and custom wiper arms. You can buy the wiper arms but even the shortest ones are about 2" to long for our windows. To think I almost didn't put them on. It was a last minute deal a day before I left for SEMA. Those and paint color are the most asked questions.

I started shopping as soon as I saw them, and did find some marine pantograph arms. I'm temped to make some linkage to make a single motor work and see if I can fit some without drilling any extra holes.
Culito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Neonist wrote:
Culito wrote:

I'm interested.

johnnypan wrote:
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Culito wrote:

I'm interested.

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

i myself always liked the old benz wiper arms that had the same action except they rested flat on top of each other.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: