Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away..
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Neonist wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:
It looks great. Are you still planning on having it done it time to take it to SEMA 2017?

Yes sir that's the plan right now.. I'm pushing as hard as possible.. 20 Hour days at this point with a 40+ hour a week day job. Some things can only go so fast. Paint...

I hope you are able to finish it, I am a Las Vegas local and would love to check it out in person in 20 days.
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
Neonist wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:
It looks great. Are you still planning on having it done it time to take it to SEMA 2017?

Yes sir that's the plan right now.. I'm pushing as hard as possible.. 20 Hour days at this point with a 40+ hour a week day job. Some things can only go so fast. Paint...

I hope you are able to finish it, I am a Las Vegas local and would love to check it out in person in 20 days.

I'm in the battle of the builders, have a feature spot in the main hall and will participate in Ignite on Friday night. I believe a good portion of ignite is open to the public..

I'm flying in reinforcements to help me get it all together.. He will be here Saturday.. I'm hoping it all falls good from here.. I'm looking for a few parts.. As of right now I'm in DIRE need of a driver door inside latch actuator.. cant find new.. so.. used is my next option..
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Neonist wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I figured you'd have to lose the treasure chest altogether. That thing's even going to be practical. Very Happy

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Neonist wrote:

I figured you'd have to lose the treasure chest altogether. That thing's even going to be practical. Very Happy

The encroachment into that space is less then 6" If it wasn't for the massive radiator I put in and the A/C condenser.. Now finding locking gear for the doors has been a bit of a PIA non anywhere close to VW but usable and very small so..
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Paint is on main truck.. Have all the doors to finish up.

ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

More pics!!! Looking awesome!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Looking amazing!
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Just an FYI

The blue I used was OEM color for a Land Rover Arles Blue. I had a few panels that I took over to paint supply and had them run them thru color matching lab. Was able to mix and match on the first mix out the can. I'm 99% sure these were OG unmolested panels but if not its a very close match and the color can be mixed in modern base/clear paints or single stage.
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

looks great and close to Dove Blue paint colour too
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Congratulations, the truck looks fantastic. It looks almost stock on the outside with the blue color you choose not far off from Dove Blue. I think you might have built the ultimate sleeper. I can't wait to see it in person at SEMA ignited.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

mmmm nothing like the smell of fresh paint in the mornin'
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

SEMA is going to be a no go.. Just to many mountains to climb..

Ill get some photos up of where the truck is..
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

That is a bummer. I looked forward to checking it out in person at SEMA ignited.
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Still working away at it.

Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

It has wheels!!

little bit more inside..

ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Your truck looks great. Are you adding AC, I saw the large vents on the dash.
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
Your truck looks great. Are you adding AC, I saw the large vents on the dash.

Ron yes I am.. Its a vintage air unit that's mounted under the seat. Ducting provides floor, dash and defrost. If you look at dash photo you can see a silver oval. That's the dakota digital control for the a.c. unit.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

What's up with the dashboard? Is it wrapped with black suede or something?
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

vwuberalles wrote:
What's up with the dashboard? Is it wrapped with black suede or something?

Its a sprayed on process, Flocking is the technical term. All kinds of fiber can be used. I purchased the fiber from GulfCoast Fabrics. Its color matched to some Alcantara that I ordered to cover door cards and headliner panels. Feels like suede, wears 100 times better, WAY messy to apply.

I applied shortly after I panted inside of truck so I didn't have the adhesive lifting the clear coat. But unfortunately as I have been cutting and buffing the clear on the outside of the truck the white film/water from the wet sand stained a few spots... Only saving grace is that I can go back and reapply, its just a pain.. I will be applying more in other areas in the cab so just more masking..
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Single Cab revival. Purist You may want to stay away.. Reply with quote

Neonist wrote:
its just a pain..

Flocking nice though.

Embarassed

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: