Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

covetting a baja, but...
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruckman101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: covetting a baja, but... Reply with quote

The only way to get a rig into my property is to drive through a creek, ergo, a baja seemed ideal to tool around the forest service roads hunting chantrelles and morels and just generally exploring my neighborhood, but..., I don't have one.

My camper van, with good tread, just seems too heavy to run up the hill out of the creek, and then everything is muddy and slick, I usually have to take a couple runs before I make it out.

Anyone out there baja a camper van? Is it even a good idea? Seems like any suspension or body lift would make the thing more prone to tipping over than a Suzuki Samarai is.

Would love to hear others thoughts. The one advantage I have is that I already have the van.

Thanks, ruckman101[code]
1tallveedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: camper van Reply with quote

I have a Suzuki Samurai and a 71 vw van,I would very much rather be in my Sami when off road than the van!! Evil or Very Mad
1tallveedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Baja bus Reply with quote

Do a search on the internet for Baja Vans and I think you will be VERY suprised at what you will find! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: