Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Hello, I'm from Brazil, I'm doing one of a Kombi year restoration 1970. I am volkswagen lover, already own a 1965 VW Sedan 1200 cc engine. I am modifying it the Standart model for a Deluxe model. I will send some pictures of how it was before and the restoration process, I hope you enjoy.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pacmanfever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Bom dia! Nice work fixing that one up, I wondered about the environmental conditions on busses in Brazil, here in the States we're all familiar with the differences between a typical bus from New England -vs- Southern California.

How is the climate there that caused so much rust?
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Pacmanfever wrote:
Bom dia! Nice work fixing that one up, I wondered about the environmental conditions on busses in Brazil, here in the States we're all familiar with the differences between a typical bus from New England -vs- Southern California.

How is the climate there that caused so much rust?

So, here in Brazil, the VW bus were and continue to be used extensively and almost exclusively for work, have suffered greatly over the years. I live in the coastal area, right next to the sea. These Kombi's almost never had maintenance, so the parts that come into contact with water, especially rain, causing rust. Now people are "discovering" the charm of preserving an old vehicle and many are "saving" them from leaving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Nice pictures, the bus and the building look interesting. Are there any buses with 15 windows in Brazil that are original deluxes? I see some for sale here and the deluxe 15 window ones are so much more affordable than a German one.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Nice pictures, the bus and the building look interesting. Are there any buses with 15 windows in Brazil that are original deluxes? I see some for sale here and the deluxe 15 window ones are so much more affordable than a German one.

Thank you friend, the bus was abandoned in a rural town 170 km from the capital of my state. As for the building, it is a workshop in the suburban area of my city. Here people who work with maintenance of vehicles are low condition, the building is in the favela so it is not pretty.
Yes, here are deluxe bus that were manufactured by Volkswagen Brazil are harder to find, especially in good condition. But much of the bus were made in standart model, because as I explained were often used as a means of work.
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

My speedometer was dirty and worn through, realized disassembly and cleaning. I believe that the result has been satisfactory

It also gets some new parts:

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

That speedo turned out great!
AntonyMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Hi,Im Antony from Hungary.
Im absolute newborn here,before I have only Porsche 356 and 912 from Usa,but now I have T1 from Brazil....I have few questions,can you give me your email contact?
thx
Antony
novetti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Bom Trabalho camarada, parabens!

Yes there were Original 15 window deluxes in Brazil. The one here is a Std model, with the typical beige common for VW of Brasil at the time.

Maos a Obra !
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

What about campers? Are there any Westfalias in Brazil? Or any other company that made camper conversions?
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
novetti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
What about campers? Are there any Westfalias in Brazil? Or any other company that made camper conversions?

There was a Camper conversion officially licensed done by Karmann Guia coachworks in Brazil and sold via the VW dealership network.

It sold as ''Kombi Safari''but that was for Bay Windows only if I am not wrong.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=kombi+safari+ka...EQ_AUIBigB
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

novetti wrote:
Bom Trabalho camarada, parabens!

Yes there were Original 15 window deluxes in Brazil. The one here is a Std model, with the typical beige common for VW of Brasil at the time.

Maos a Obra !

Thanks, novetti! Yes!!! Mãos a obra!
The deluxe models are more rare in the split window, but were made but, as the color; the top was painted white lotus cod L-282 VW catalog almost a beige in standart's models but there was all beige, both light as dark beige.

Last edited by marcpires on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:

The Kombis campers were not manufactured in Brazil, which had modifications were made by the company Karmann Ghia Brazil, which took the van and turned into motor home model, I have a friend who has one is very well made and great for touring.
Under the model to which I refer, photos by me:

Red Fau Veh wrote:

exactly novetti

marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

continuing, my bus was painted this past week, still lacks the polish and some details like paint the levers and the side windows. Then she goes to another location to be mounted, redo the electrical, brakes and general padding and upholstery.

Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

That looks very nice, I like the two tone dash.
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Very clean. Very Happy

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

nice work
cheers
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
marcpires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Continuing, painted bumpers, gear lever and steering column, wheels painted in two colors. Missing polishing, then goes to the second part of the project; electric, hydro vacuum brakes, general assembly and inner padding

Capriacci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Belo trabalho! Essa fase é gostosa né? Você mesmo costuma colocar a mão na massa? Parabéns!
gunbab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kombi 1970 - Brazil Reply with quote

Could you please tell me what the orginal color that is. My bus has the same color.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: