Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

57 double door 23 ebay
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
KamperKitJay
BDM Hit Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: 57 double door 23 ebay Reply with quote

Anybody lookin for a 23 window project??? Just incase some of you may have missed this!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15291&item=2467831820 I wonder what it will end at!!!!!?????
SHSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ nine days and thirteen hours to go its already at 4500.00 from the 100.00 opening bid. Lot of money for a POS. Low mileage doesn't mean anything for a bus in that shape.
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the outside looked like the engine bay before he bought out the burgundy Krylon at the local "BIG-K"

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Emeril say it?

.......BAAAMMMM!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it look like a 58 from the back?
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a cool bus. it'll be interesting to watch.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
23window
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spookymulder wrote:
Why does it look like a 58 from the back?

Depending on what month is was made it could have the '58 taillight/decklid combo. I believe May of '57 was the change over which left 4 months of '57 models with the '58 features. My '57 was produced in July and has this setup.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would demand photos of the undercarriage and frame rails on that before bidding $5 on it.

Well, I'd bid a few hundred, just for parts.

If it's real, I hope someone with deep pockets gets it and does a full restoration.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty hard to find one of those on the east coast here and strong island is not to far from me but that is going to shoot up in $$$ regardless of the shape it is in-guaranteed!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BluSpecs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '58 (built in late '57) has that back end tail light/deck lid combo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at all the ebay beginners that bid it up. cats with like 15-25 feedback.it would be an absolute bitchen bus finished but something seems fishy about it. why would it have all the wrong color interior panels?
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 57 double door 23 ebay Reply with quote

KamperKitJay wrote:
Anybody lookin for a 23 window project??? Just incase some of you may have missed this!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15291&item=2467831820 I wonder what it will end at!!!!!?????

bump....$8200 with 3+ days to go!! holy smokes...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if the sucessful bidder is buying it because he wants the bus before he gets my middle seat?

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm did someone say project? restore? 23 dd bus? umm how about airbagged...let me see how much coin i have....yummy 23 DD...I know rikki james is tryin to steal it...leave it alone Rikki..its mine, MINE I TELL YA...its gettin the superskim treatment!!! scrappin the pavement with a 2275...and sprint stars with a big played out iron cross on it!!!!!!!! woohoo!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see that bus in person to determine what happened to it....has anyone emailed the seller to verify the VIN number?
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: 57 23 DD Deluxe Reply with quote

This monster has been bugging me since it first appeared a week ago. Myself and several friends have tried to get the VIN. Not a single email returned.
I like how he says that he has been asked for the M-codes, ahhh, so he has been getting the emails just not returning them. Sounds fishy to me. Looks like he's playing everyone. If the bus is truely early than give us the VIN.
I really appreciate the extra interior photos, try lifting the wheels and plywood out of the cargo area, which is obviously hiding the massive holes. The photo of the seat stand area shows just a hint of the massive rust issues this monster has.
Truely your typical ebay/samba scammer looking for the gold standard, by providing as little information and quality photos necessary, to make an informed decision, rather he's baiting the sucker, than dumping the rusting hulk.
This just pisses me off to no end, this could be a significant bus, however, the seller rather than coming out with good pictures and a VIN has already destroyed the confidence of most of the potential buyers that could save this bus for future record.
I hope the high bidders take a first hand look at this monster than retract their bids. However, as this fool of a seller already knows, there's an ass for every seat, in this case 9.

VWKURT thanks for nothing. I quess full disclosure and conscience are things of the past.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the things that I noticed about this bus are:

the armrest in the back appears to have the vinyl coming apart. that would make it a 55-58 arm rest.

the rear seat kick panel appears to be an early "jack frost" style. again, pre-59.

the door panel on the drivers door appears to have the factory rivits around the pocket. if the rest of the panel(s) are all original, that would mean that it possibly has a unique color of interior.

the metalic blue paint seems to be generously applied in the areas of the back side of the nose. this is not how the paint looks like on most factory painted buses.

there is a possibility that this bus is a very special factory bus. there is also a similar chance that it is a period hack job. without the seller being forthright on the details of the bus, it is that much harder to tell.

one thing is for sure, the bus is rusty. it is pretty obvious that the seller is trying to aviod telling the true degree of rustyness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad - $12K to buy it ($8200 with 3 1/2 days to go) and $40K to restore it. Sounds lke a deal to me! No more than a new Expedition and a classic to boot! Wink
Remember - You are required to get older but you are not required to grow up!
62 SC & 66 Bus
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind,

I noticed those details ( arm rest, rear seat kickpanel, door pockets) as well. However, the promised photos did nothing to help the sellers claims on the authenticity of the bus. I have found panel vans with early rear seat kicks and door panels, so this means nothing to me.
I have a 58 ghia vert that had the steering wheel and sunvisors updated in the mid 60's. I know this because the original owner disclosed all the information that he could remember. (Sucks for me finding the correct parts, however, the car is legitimate.

A VIN would settle all debate. I agree this could be a very special bus, however, without the VIN, than it's not worth Everett's five dollars.
staceyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only other clue I can see to date it as an early bus.. is the shifter placement... close to the seat... so it wasn't made any later than '58.

There is lots of rust to hide.. even rust under the drivers seat!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: