Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cincy VW Club Show and Swap Meet - Sept 24-25 2016 - OH
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Cincy VW Club Show and Swap Meet - Sept 24-25 2016 - OH Reply with quote

Here is a really good show for the midwest.
http://www.cintivwclub.com/
If you are available, by all means, stop on out. It's worth a bit of windshield time.
Hope to see ya there!
Chaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

Thank You for posting this information about the Cincinnati VW Club, VW / Porsche Reunion Show & Swap Meet. I have been attending this Event for year's even when it was at GE Park but this New Facility offers a great scenic venue. The Show is always spectacular and there's some good vintage finds in the Swap Meet Area. Looking forward to this year's Event ! ... Truly a don't Miss.
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

And yet, it looks like you live in MI. Wow, that says a lot!!
If all goes well, I will have the pearl orange Manx Clone there. And probably about the longest hair on a guy, Smile LOL Say Hi if you see me!
Have a safe trip!
Chaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

If all my buggy work is squared away, I plan on driving the buggy to it. Been many times and it is a great event.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

Outstanding Joe!!!!
If my plans fall thru for MITM, maybe I can meet you and see your buggy there. You really are a "go for it" when it comes to putting miles on your buggy. Wow. I just furthered my (hopeful) plans of driving to So.Cal. but it looks like it will be in '18.
BTW, I ordered (most of) my parts but not here yet.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

I do drive the guts out of my buggy. This past Friday I left at 4 AM and drove to Jamesville NC to meet Bud coming from Wilmington NC. Then we drove on into the NC OBX and met up with Paul who came out of Hamilton NJ. We spent the rest of the day Friday, and all day Saturday pre-running the cruises, activities, meeting with the restaurants, checking out the Venues and setting up the Poker Run. During this we had to make the beach run on Route 12 from Corolla up to the VA state line. Went behind the dunes in the Carova Beach area to check out leading buggy runs in there. Sunday on the way out of town back home, we made on final stop to look at the venue for the Slow Drag Race, Blind Fold Derby and Human Powered Drag Race.

Total mileage for the three days was 1321. Clicked over 38,000 miles on the way home. Had a fun time! And saw some of the wild mustangs on Carova Beach.

Bud took the picture of Paul and I on the beach.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This was from The Cincy Show in 2014.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club annual show and swap meet Reply with quote

Truly, I'm impressed. I really want to know how you do it. I still need a top and obviously, some refining in the overheating dept but, I'd like to at least be able to do mileage like that if/when I can. I know it's only local but I drive it every chance I get - with some grief from my girlfriend because it messes her hair. Smile (I have an idea for wind deflectors for her.)

I'm just curious if that picture was actually supposed to be of the buggy's, horses' or Smile ) LOLOL Either way, it's an awesome, well rounded, all inclusive shot.

Nice trophy at Cincy! I have been doing car shows/cruise-in's since '77 (hot rods, Harley's). I never "compete" which is why I prefer only to do cruise-in's now but if people like it, great.

Keep on truckin as we said in the '70's. And keep on postin pix!!
Thanks!!!
58slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club Show and Swap Meet - Sept 24-25 2016 - OH Reply with quote

is there a host hotel or hotel close to the show location?
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club Show and Swap Meet - Sept 24-25 2016 - OH Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/Cincy-VW-Club-251323034936673/?fref=ts
here is their Facebook page.

I don't know much more. Sorry.
I do know it's a great time!!
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cincy VW Club Show and Swap Meet - Sept 24-25 2016 - OH Reply with quote

Click here!
http://www.cintivwclub.com/
Hope to see some of ya!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: