Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery-
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Bus is packed and I'm ready to road trip it! I'm leaving from work tomorrow towards Colorado Springs for the Buses at the Brewery event. Wifey hooked me up with a weekend hall pass and I intend on using it!

I'm gonna leave around 6ish and drive till like 11ish and camp. That should put me with in an hour distance of the meet point, which is the Garden of the Gods visitor center. There I will meet up with a bunch of other buses and do a big cruise to the event, stoked for that! Busboyjake and some another guys scouted a camp site for after the event. I have a couple of good friends, non bus owners, joining the event with me. Looking like a 700 mile round trip cannonball run style 48 HR adventure. Should be a blast!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Excellent. Rolling tough! Be safe.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Enjoy, its such a good event, may I recommend a heavy rotation of 70's metal tunes like Judas Priest- Hell Bent for Leather,Deep Purple- Highway Star, Sammy Hagar-Trans Am, and Ministry-Jesus built my Hot Rod. And plenty of No-Doze with Southern Comfort chaser. Please no pictures of plastic jugs full of urine,,,,,its been done
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Enjoy, its such a good event, may I recommend a heavy rotation of 70's metal tunes like Judas Priest- Hell Bent for Leather,Deep Purple- Highway Star, Sammy Hagar-Trans Am, and Ministry-Jesus built my Hot Rod. And plenty of No-Doze with Southern Comfort chaser. Please no pictures of plastic jugs full of urine,,,,,its been done

Don't forget "Hotrod Lincoln" Drink some water grill some Brauts Don't pet the bears--

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Aaawwww yeeeeaahhhhh!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Manfred always has a proper play list.
Might I add Riot-Road Racing, Alice Cooper- Under My Wheels, AC/DC-Highway to Hell, Rainbow- Death Alley Driver, Dio- I Speed at Night, Foghat-Slow Ride,
Iron Maiden- The Trooper
Ok not all songs technically 70s but some kick ass 70s bands. Godspeed

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

On the road!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

I made it to Poncha Springs with no issues and filled up, 21.7 MPG! The bus is buzzing right along at 60, temps and good and I couldn't ask for a better tone. No classic rock yet, I'm on the other side of the spectrum listening to classic hip hop the whole way so far. Cool Good thing I didn't wash the bus before the trip, the front is littered with bugs. I stopped and took one pic, I'll post that later. It's time to find a camp spot and have a few wobbley pops.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

I would love to know what you consider "Classic Hip Hop" Very Happy

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

WTF is a wobbly pop ? Beer?
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Made it!

The camp site I found last night was great! I stopped on the top of Wilkerson Pass and looked at the map there. I went down about a mile made a left on a dirt road and 1/2 mile later I was at a nice site.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

I know the area, good call. A bit further down the road to Webber Park used to be an infamous "golden triangle" the supplied the Springs for years. How was the show??
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

What a great weekend!

I left my campsite around 8 on Saturday morning for the event. My phone map said to head down to CS then back up to the Garden of the Gods Vistor Center. As I was going through Manitou Springs on 24 I saw a sign for the Garden of the Gods so I exited. Turns out the exit sent me right to the east side of the park. So I cruised through the park to the other side where the vistor canter was, that was a good call. It was my first time here and the drive was beautiful. I got to the visitor center and there were a ton of buses and other ACVWs there. I backed into a spot, talked with a few folks and before long it was time for the cruise. There at least 40 vehicles in the cruise, it was great. It kinda reminded me of a critical mass ride as we all decended upon Mantiou and CS and proceeded to mess up all the traffic. Some people were cool and waived and others were just pissed at us. It took awhile for us all to funnel into the event when we got there. I was near the back of the line but I was lucky enough to park right up front next to Greg and Chad.

The event was nicely set up and the brewery grounds were beautiful. The brewery is in an old school so there was plenty of space for everyone. We hung out BSed with a lot of people and ate lunch. At the end Chad, Greg and myself cruised to Teller County north of Woodland Park for a campout. Well, it was more like a race not a cruise and during this race as I made a pass on Chad I accidentally drifted the bus on the asphalt, woops. Wink. We hit the dirt and continued rallying all the way to the campsite. The campsite Chad and Greg picked out was taken when we got there so we cruised another mile or so down the road and found another one. We set up camp had a big white man fire BBQed and drank plenty of beer.

Today we had a nice breakfast before getting on the road. I followed Greg from the campsite all the way to 24 before we parted ways. All in all it was a great weekend with a bunch of great people.

Some trip stats:
Total miles: 620
Mpg: 21
Oil consumption: ~1/3 a quart
Total engine miles: 3595 in 3 months
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build

Last edited by richparker on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Photo dump

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
I would love to know what you consider "Classic Hip Hop" Very Happy

I listened to Backspin on SirusXM. Class is hip hop for the 70s, 80s and the 90s (which many would consider the golden age of hip hop).
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
WTF is a wobbly pop ? Beer?

Wobbly pop is a beer, I stole the term fro Busdaddy.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the pics! I was sad not being able to go. Did you camp in (near) the burn area from a few years ago? Sure looked like fun. Where did you find the spare tire cover? Mine is almost rotted of the tire so its time for a replacement. More Beastie Boys for the home trek? or Grand Master Flash...
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Manfred, You were missed. We camped in the burn area, I think they said it was the Hayman (spelling) fire. It was sad to see all the devastation but there were plenty of new sprouts already groaning. My spare tire cover is from Wander Bus out of Mesa, Az. It's Bigbusmikes girl friend although I can't seem to remember her name right now. The road home brought more hip hop, everything from Grandmaster flash to The Notorious BIG. Cool

Leaving Wednesday for the Four Corners Folk Fest, then racing my bike the following weekend at the MTb fest at Purgatory then leaving for the Jerome Jamboree on weds 9/14. Lots of busing on the way!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

70s thru 90s I got you covered. Some car related beats for the next road trip

Sir Mix A Lot- My Hooptie
Beastie Boys- High Plains Drifter
Slick Rick- Sittin' in my Car
LL Cool J- illegal Search
Dr. Dre- Let Me Ride
Kurtis Blow- The Brakes(Breaks)
Too $hort- Fuck my Car
Salt-N-Pepa- Push it
L'Trimm- Cars that go Boom
jj fad- Supersonic

Now let's see some beer photos Wink

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trippin to Colorado Springs, Co -Buses at the Brewery- Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:

Now let's see some beer photos Wink

I am sorry to say that I have let you down my Internet friend. Sad
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: