Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quarterlight/vent window seals?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Quarterlight/vent window seals? Reply with quote

Hi

I asked this on SSVC over here a while back and the consensus was 'no', but does anyone make a quarterlight (vent) window seal that actually fits?

I'm looking for the seal that fits in the door (part numbers 211 837 625 & 211 837 626). The parts manual describes it as 'Weatherstrip - vent wing frame (pivoted) - '.

The ones on my truck are too short so there is a big gap between the seal and the forward lower quarter of the frame, where the wind howls in.

Feedback I got through SSVC is that the only ones out there are all made by the same manufacturer and are all too short, but from the restoration pictures on here, someone must be making one that fits?

Thanks

Andy

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Quarterlight/vent window seals? Reply with quote

The ones on my 1959 Double-Cab build seemed to fit nicely, not short. As I recall they had the VW and Audi joined rings logos (not seen when installed) as well as the individual part numbers molded right into the rubber. The L/R pair can be seen being installed by me on page 35 in my "build thread" ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5...;start=680 ) either came from Wolfsburg West about 15 years ago or might have been purchased by me at a swap meet around then, I can't quite remember. I still have another set on the shelves which will replace the almost 60 year old dried-out pair on my OG SWR paint DD Panel in the "garage-mahal" downstairs.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by BulliBill on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Quarterlight/vent window seals? Reply with quote

I just installed a pair from West Coast Metric in my 1963 DC windows and they fit very nicely.

If you don't get the center of the seal pushed all the way into the metal channel, it will not suck down in the front corner near the swoosh and allow the window to seal well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Quarterlight/vent window seals? Reply with quote

Thanks both. I've checked out the WW and WCM websites. WW's picture looks the same as the stock photo I see on most vendors sites, while WCM claims that theirs are OEM, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

Have emailed WCM for a shipping quote to the UK.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: