Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Relay Differences
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Relay Differences Reply with quote

After looking through a parts list and not finding an answer I had a question regarding headlight relays. Ive been trying to track down the correct relays for my '70 (since they are missing) and I see that the headlight relay is part 411 941 583A, is it different from 411 941 583 (with no A)?

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Relay Differences Reply with quote

There are quite a few threads here over the years and as you have found out
the headlight relays available today are not original parts any longer.

You will have to make a jumper wire and add it to the 411 relay between terminals 30 and 56

Most of the vendors include this info either on their website or with instructions
in the relay box.
Reading for you
www.oldvolkshome.com
http://oldvolkshome.com/headrelay.pdf
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Relay Differences Reply with quote

Also your T/S flasher relay is 211 953 215 C

not sure where you live but YOU have been on the Samba for as long as i Have Rolling Eyes

www.airhead.com has all your parts
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Relay Differences Reply with quote

old DKP driver wrote:
Also your T/S flasher relay is 211 953 215 C

not sure where you live but YOU have been on the Samba for as long as i Have Rolling Eyes

www.airhead.com has all your parts

Thanks, I found an NOS flasher relay today and bought it after confirming it was the right one for a '70. The parts list showed it was the right one. My dilemma is that all the threads I found about relays said that the 583A relay is what I should have but I found a 583 relay and was wondering if it will work.

And yeah, Ive been on thesamba a long time, still learning new stuff every day though. This is the first bus I've had (Im a Type 3 guy) and Im still trying to figure everything out.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: