Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Testing Monitor Panel?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDangerZone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

The monitor panel in my '95 EVC stopped working after I replaced the reigniter on the fridge. The water pump still works, and it appears that the power for the monitor comes off of that switch. Any idea how to test if the problem lies within the PC board before I spend $50 on a new one? The wires are all firmly connected, the aux battery works fine.
DenverB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

Pretty sure that on a 95 the pump doesn't work off of that board. It just has a switch on the panel. Only the water level meter Connects to that panel

Either way, if your fuses are all in place and you're still not getting power to the board it's a 99% chance that it has died.

Likely you scratched the back of the light board when you were reinstalling that panel after doing your relighted board. I've done it a few times, and those light boards can be pretty fragile at this point in time in their life span. I scratched off one of the copper leads Doing exactly that on Saturday.
'84 Vanagon Westfalia (Pink Flamingo - Pastel White/Pink)
'88 Vanagon GL Westfalia (Frankie Says - Wolfram Gray)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (Green Apple)
'95-'03 Eurovan full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'84 -'91 Vanagon full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'72 Porsche 914 (Greta - RIP)

www.RockyMountainCampervans.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DenverB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

Photos of my busted panel: that little broken copper lead shorted and blew when it rubbed against the bracket that holds that panel in place.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'84 Vanagon Westfalia (Pink Flamingo - Pastel White/Pink)
'88 Vanagon GL Westfalia (Frankie Says - Wolfram Gray)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (Green Apple)
'95-'03 Eurovan full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'84 -'91 Vanagon full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'72 Porsche 914 (Greta - RIP)

www.RockyMountainCampervans.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheDangerZone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

After I saw your reply, I looked over the circuit board carefully. I pulled the wire connectors off the circuit board and noticed that under one of them there was what appeared to be a burn mark or something. I cleaned it off with some alcohol, reattached the connectors, and voila, it just works!
Jrcooke2001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

Wow, same thing happened to me. Just a few minutes with a soldering iron will save me $90. Thanks!
caselhall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

TheDangerZone wrote:
The monitor panel in my '95 EVC stopped working after I replaced the reigniter on the fridge. The water pump still works, and it appears that the power for the monitor comes off of that switch. Any idea how to test if the problem lies within the PC board before I spend $50 on a new one? The wires are all firmly connected, the aux battery works fine.

Okay where do you find that circuit breaker board for sale? I need one and can’t find it anywhere on the interwebs. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!
caselhall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

TheDangerZone wrote:

Hey danger, could tell me how you found that pc board for the monitor system? I’ve been on the internet for hours now and I can’t seem to find one and I even found the part # and still can’t pull anything up! Thanks Casey
Dhurcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

I have a inoperative monitor panel circuit board that needs repair or replacement. it was likely shorted during refrigerator maintenance. Anybody have any info on service or sources for a 97 eurovan monitor panel board?
Gar4ever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

I'm currently removing and replacing the control panel on our 1995 EVC. I'm updating the whole panel with a proper battery monitor (renogy) and really only need to keep tabs on the fresh water tank, add some USB chargers and a switch for the water pump. I'm hoping to just get a single (small) water level monitor, but does anyone know if I can hook up a single panel display if I source out the wires? or would I need to replace the actual tank level sensor too?

dazey77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

Gar4ever wrote:
really only need to keep tabs on the fresh water tank, add some USB chargers and a switch for the water pump. I'm hoping to just get a single (small) water level monitor, but does anyone know if I can hook up a single panel display if I source out the wires? or would I need to replace the actual tank level sensor too?

Hi, I can answer this. The tanks do not have a level sensor, they have multiple water operated switches. You can't use a generic level sensor(unless you fit a new sensor).

I redid my panel, I have a seperate battery monitor so I didn't need this. I did just keep the old test panel behind the plate but only cut LED holes for the tanks as thats all I needed. Fitted a better LPG meter using the existing sensor.
You can see my plate at the below link:
http://www.dazedproductions.co.uk/Vanity/uncategorized/another-eurovan-new-switch-plate/
Elcapytan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Testing Monitor Panel? Reply with quote

I’m still looking for a circuit board. Any leads on who has them?
Who works on them? Or if I can even find them anymore?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: