Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steve Heinrichs - RIP
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
malibubill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

I was informed last evening by Steve's college roommate that Steve Heinrichs passed away the night before last.

He was an extraordinary and successful man with unquestioned and unquestionable integrity besides being a real authority on the 356.

I miss him and wish his family the very best during these sad days.

Bill Sampson
fcampbell356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

Sorry to hear, as Steve was a great help to me and to lots of others.

He will be missed. RIP

Frank Campbell
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

My condolences to Steve's family & friends. I only knew him through the forums & his willingness to share any info he had. May you rest in peace Steve.
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
chipperry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

I never had the opportunity to meet Steve, but like many other 356 enthusiasts, I consider his books "Porsche Speedster TYP 540" and "Porsche Carrera" to be essential reference sources and amazing contributions to the Porsche 356 community. His beautifully written preface to his Speedster book captured the essence of why the Speedster's "analog tactile connection of driver and car," as he put it, still attracts a huge and fiercely loyal following. He was a knowledgeable researcher, a passionate collector, and a true connoisseur whose literary and collecting legacy will enrich 356 fans for years to come. RIP, Mr. Heinrichs.
roy mawbey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

Always a friendly guy, really sorry to hear that news.

Roy
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

Wow, just saw this. So sorry to hear it. One of the good guys! Extremely knowledgable and went out of his way to be helpful.
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zwitter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve Heinrichs - RIP Reply with quote

In the mid 1990's I was fortunate to work for Tim Goodrich, who was restoring multiple cars for Steve. Hard to say which was most impressive?
I recall he owned the first 2 Carrera Speedsters, two '57 Carrera coupes, 6 cars apart in number(with quite an interesting story to go with them)
I think my own high point was being able to be a part of the resurrection of Speedster Prototype #3. My bodywork skills were a part of bringing that car to Pebble Beach quality, and it was shown on the grass in 1997.
It's my understanding that that car now belongs to the Porsche Museum, where it rightfully belongs.

So to read of Mr. Heinrich's passing, a piece of my own life's story has found an end. While I never met him in person, being allowed to work on such rare cars as his makes me feel fortunate to have been a small part of His life.
Indeed, may you rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: