Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

V-I-T-O-N
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dampcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

Details about this Jursey show, please?
Robbie

Here you go: Wink

https://www.olx.com.pk/item/ideal-cows-jursy-and-f...Sxk0X.html

Take it easy on this guy, he learned English from the British system. They throw gratuitous "U"s in all over the place, as in "colour" and "flavour" and "odour" - like the smell of "manoor".
Britain and the USA, two nations separated by a common language.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Dampcamper wrote:
Wildthings wrote:
asiab3 wrote:

Details about this Jursey show, please?
Robbie

Here you go: Wink

https://www.olx.com.pk/item/ideal-cows-jursy-and-f...Sxk0X.html

Take it easy on this guy, he learned English from the British system. They throw gratuitous "U"s in all over the place, as in "colour" and "flavour" and "odour" - like the smell of "manoor".

not to mention "kerb" for curb, and "grey" for gray.
SlowLane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Dampcamper wrote:

First of all, the language is English, it originated in England, so I think that gives the Brits and their former colonies first dibs on the rules of spelling. Just because you Yanks decided to get lazy with the spelling doesn't mean that you get to re-define the rules.

As long as we're on the topic of correctness: it's "should've", "would've" and "could've"; NOT "should of", "would of" or "could of". And no, this isn't a British vs. American thing. "Should've" is a contraction of "should have", as in "You should've paid attention in English class".

On topic: Viton is a proper name, so the first letter should be capitalized. It's also a registered trademark, so any usage should also have the little superscript "TM" mark after it that I don't have time or inclination to figure out how to insert here.
'72 Super Beetle
'69 Camper Van - Corvair powered
'71 Window Van - Transferred Corvair from '69

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine." - Internet RFC 1925

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." - Sir Terry Pratchett
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

SlowLane wrote:

On topic: Viton is a proper name, so the first letter should be capitalized. It's also a registered trademark, so any usage should also have the little superscript "TM" mark after it that I don't have time or inclination to figure out how to insert here.

You mean like this:

Viton® is the registered trade mark of DuPont Performance Elastomers.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

[quote="SlowLane"]
Dampcamper wrote:

™ is typed by pressing the option key and the number two simulateously

Viton™

https://www.google.com/search?q=option+keys+on+mac...E8PvqeM%3A

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Geez, all this talk about the English and "Their" language. It got me to thinking, I'll try to adapt my current way of speaking to be more proper. My battery seemed weak, so I checked the connections at the dynamo.
Dampcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

SlowLane wrote:
Dampcamper wrote:

First of all, the language is English, it originated in England, so I think that gives the Brits and their former colonies first dibs on the rules of spelling. Just because you Yanks decided to get lazy with the spelling doesn't mean that you get to re-define the rules.

I think America is a former colony?
This Young American girl begs to "defer" with you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pNh6LqFh8
She has great insights into the different flavours of English at 1:15.

And I don't get lazy with the spelling. I save all those excess "U"s and send them to Balkan countries where there is a chronic shortage of vowels.
Time to go work on my "hooter button", I think the Mods are going to gong us for being off-topic...
And I really AM going to go make my horn work right! Very Happy
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

This all reminds me, I keep forgetting to ask Everett to add the "crying" emoticon to our list of options ... you know the one, where the sobbing face literally has tears shooting out of it's eyes on both sides, kind of like a waterfall.

I believe it would become one of the most-used emoticons on this site Wink
SlowLane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
This all reminds me, I keep forgetting to ask Everett to add the "crying" emoticon to our list of options ..

I believe it would become one of the most-used emoticons on this site Wink

Is there a pissing icon? I'm thinking that one would get even greater usage.
'72 Super Beetle
'69 Camper Van - Corvair powered
'71 Window Van - Transferred Corvair from '69

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine." - Internet RFC 1925

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." - Sir Terry Pratchett
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: V-I-T-O-N Reply with quote

Is there a pissing in the wind icon? I'm thinking that one would get even greater usage.

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: