Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body Parts Compatability Years..
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

I'd like to know what year body parts are compatible with each other...

front/ back fenders, hoods, lids ...........

say for example up to what year donor fenders can I use on a '60 Coupe??
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

If you do a search on the KGPR website for the various parts this will show the applicable years for each. Even where parts are not available as new reproduction the web site still shows used parts even if they are not available.
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

I ordered their catalog in hope there are more pictures than the site

I like pictures Laughing

they do however seem to be the goto site for our KG's..... First time owning a KG and find parts as hard to come by than a type 3..... are there other sites that have KG parts readily available that you guys use?? my search function needs to be improved apparently... I seem to find little to nothing...
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

The major parts, doors hood deck lid etc will interchange. Doors are basically the same up to 63, 64 inside door pull changes. You have to look at the hood latch when hunting for a hood. Deck lid will pretty much be identical except for badge size. Fenders will be 56-59/ 60 to 69 or 70. Then they switch to the big lights.

And on the doors. You can put say 66 doors on a 60 but when ordering parts you'll need to order for the year of the doors.
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

motorhead364 wrote:
The major parts, doors hood deck lid etc will interchange Deck lid will pretty much be identical except for badge size. Fenders will be 56-59/ 60 to 69 or 70.

awesome... so now I have options as I was afraid if I bought thing I would be stuck trying to obtain near to non existent parts as it has a lot of metal to replace, most important is passenger front fender...
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

do you have pics of your project up?
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

motorhead364 wrote:
do you have pics of your project up?

I have yet to obtain one, had several on the line in varying states of repair... just thought I'd do some home work before I pull the trigger, would like to turn one around in less than a years time otherwise I tend to lose interest for a while...
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Parts Compatability Years.. Reply with quote

63 vwnotch wrote:
I ordered their catalog in hope there are more pictures than the site

If you like catalogues rather than websites, the House of Ghia catalogue has useful drawings (even though they don't sell parts any more)

http://www.house-of-ghia.com/catalog/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: