Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Another poor sap with Bus fever
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: January 08, 2014
Posts: 3261

Xevin is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:

Stop mid day, his HOA sucks Laughing no nighttime camping! Crying or Very sad


What? Bill doesn’t have a HOA in his neighborhood Think Laughing
_________________
Keep on Busin'
67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
I dont hate anyone on the Samba - except for Xevin - who brought me cold coffee in the morning.

[email protected] wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Peckerhead


Joined: January 01, 2007
Posts: 10901
Location: sticksville, ct.
skills@eurocarsplus is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
It's amazing how life can change suddenly when you're not looking... Shocked

This long-term born-n-raised California boy is picking up stakes and moving to Florida.

As many have mentioned in other threads, the cost of living in California is rising with no end in sight, and available work in my field is slowing down. Luckily, I have an excellent job opportunity in Orlando that is too good to pass up.
So this California Hillbilly is headin' East! Arrow



that's cool! just don't be like this guy:


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
gprudenciop wrote:

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist


Joined: June 10, 2004
Posts: 11995
Location: Arizona
wcfvw69 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:

Stop mid day, his HOA sucks Laughing no nighttime camping! Crying or Very sad


What? Bill doesn’t have a HOA in his neighborhood Think Laughing



Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


HOA? Pppfffttt.. someone discussed one once. Funny, he hasn't been seen in years since... My 'hoods' a bit rough.... Wink
_________________
Bill

**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**

**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**

My 1970 bus refresh thread- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598191

1970 Westfalia Bus
1969 Convertible Bug
1967 Standard Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist


Joined: June 10, 2004
Posts: 11995
Location: Arizona
wcfvw69 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
KentPS wrote:
It's amazing how life can change suddenly when you're not looking... Shocked

This long-term born-n-raised California boy is picking up stakes and moving to Florida.

As many have mentioned in other threads, the cost of living in California is rising with no end in sight, and available work in my field is slowing down. Luckily, I have an excellent job opportunity in Orlando that is too good to pass up.
So this California Hillbilly is headin' East! Arrow



that's cool! just don't be like this guy:


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Interesting. When I lived in California in the 80's, this bumper sticker was all over the locals cars.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Now, everyone in the country needs one that says "Welcome ex-Californians, now go back home".

Hell, I moved out of there in the early 90's. Even then, there was a waiting list to get a U-haul as so many people were pulling the rip-cord and bailing from there.
_________________
Bill

**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**

**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**

My 1970 bus refresh thread- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598191

1970 Westfalia Bus
1969 Convertible Bug
1967 Standard Bug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
asiab3
Air-Schooled


Joined: April 04, 2012
Posts: 9451
Location: San Diego
asiab3 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

I love reading op-ed articles from literally every city newspaper outside of California.

“Traffic is getting worse!”
“Mac N Cheese dishes are $14!”
“Rent is going up due to gentrification!”
“Beers are nearing $8 a pint!”

And those are just the papers from Oregon and Colorado... Razz
_________________
Now booking for my Summer Tour:
www.airschooled.com/learn-to-fix-your-volkswagen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: January 08, 2014
Posts: 3261

Xevin is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
I love reading op-ed articles from literally every city newspaper outside of California.

“Traffic is getting worse!”
“Mac N Cheese dishes are $14!”
“Rent is going up due to gentrification!”
“Beers are nearing $8 a pint!”

And those are just the papers from Oregon and Colorado... Razz


Yes. It totally sucks here in Oregon. Better to keep moving east to wherever.
I’ll stay here and keep folks diverted east towards Nebraska. I’m sure taxes in California are better, plus the weather, and cost of living is fantastic in Cali. Why would you leave? Carry on 😉
_________________
Keep on Busin'
67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
I dont hate anyone on the Samba - except for Xevin - who brought me cold coffee in the morning.

[email protected] wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentPS Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: September 11, 2016
Posts: 1564
Location: Palm Springs, CA
KentPS is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Not sure whether to post this here or the "Stupid Question" sticky.
But this thread has never proven me to be a Mensa candidate, so here goes:

I'm currently living in the desert with extremely low humidity. Typically it's around 10%.
And mainly for financial reasons, I'm moving to a high humidity climate: Orlando Florida.

My van has some areas of rust, and I've put that rust converter stuff on the areas I've found.
The rust converter says it neutralizes the rust, and it appears to have done its job well here in the desert.

Since I'll be living in a "moist" climate, is there anything further I can do to keep the rust from progressing, other than replacing the affected metal? Replacement is in the long-term goal, but not an option for perhaps another 3-5 years. I'm wanting to stop the spread of the cancer as much as possible.
_________________
-Kent-

1976 Riviera, my 1.8l FI chrome yellow VAN - "Chloe"

My top favorite Samba quote:
Quote:
"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. Its.... like driving a celebration!" -WildIdea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommu
Samba Member


Joined: November 15, 2011
Posts: 331
Location: LA
tommu is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Colin always preaches that the water has to get out. That means making sure all your drain holes are present, clear and correct. I think. Living in LA I didnt pay much attention to that Laughing
_________________
Green Bay Bus Yellow Ghia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member


Joined: February 12, 2004
Posts: 41345
Location: Surrey B.C. Canada, Land of the giant flying moose!
busdaddy is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Rust converter alone won't do in a humid climate, you'll need Waxoil or a similar cavity wax and lots of it to seal it up so it won't come back. Spooge it good now so it has time to creep into the seams and drip away before the car shipper gets all wound up about it dripping on something expensive parked below it.
_________________
Rust NEVER sleeps and stock never goes out of style.

Wanted, OG paint 1971 Niagara blue decklid.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
asiab3
Air-Schooled


Joined: April 04, 2012
Posts: 9451
Location: San Diego
asiab3 is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Rust converter alone won't do in a humid climate, you'll need Waxoil or a similar cavity wax and lots of it to seal it up so it won't come back. Spooge it good now so it has time to creep into the seams and drip away before the car shipper gets all wound up about it dripping on something expensive parked below it.


Car shipper? Shocked

In 2012 you told me "why worry about a Ford AND a VW" when I wanted to tow my bus home 400 miles…

I'm sure Kent and Chloe will be good for 2,500 miles in a few months. I mean, he's only got three engines in his garage… Cool

Robbie
_________________
Now booking for my Summer Tour:
www.airschooled.com/learn-to-fix-your-volkswagen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member


Joined: September 06, 2014
Posts: 1470
Location: 802
calvinater is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

Perhaps a light sanding and some primer /sealer?
Check with guys on the paint forum for some ideas.
_________________
"War...War Never Changes"

"three is the magic number"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentPS Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: September 11, 2016
Posts: 1564
Location: Palm Springs, CA
KentPS is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Another poor sap with Bus fever Reply with quote

tommu wrote:
Colin always preaches that the water has to get out. That means making sure all your drain holes are present, clear and correct. I think. Living in LA I didnt pay much attention to that Laughing

I bet you're paying a bit more attention this winter, eh Tommu? Laughing
Palm Springs had its single highest one-day rainfall last month... 3.6". Chloe was safely inside the garage that day.
LA had some pretty good precipitation too.

Calvinator: I've been doing that on the exposed surfaces as I find them. But there's all those hidden or hard to reach crevices that concern me. I'm just glad the underside is pretty solid, and am hoping to keep it that way.

Thanks Busdaddy. I just watched a video on applying Waxoyl. It sounds like the best option.
_________________
-Kent-

1976 Riviera, my 1.8l FI chrome yellow VAN - "Chloe"

My top favorite Samba quote:
Quote:
"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. Its.... like driving a celebration!" -WildIdea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Jump to:
Page 44 of 44

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB