Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A true spray nozzle | In Production!
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Yep. As predicted, despite being extra careful and pre-drilling the plastic mounting tabs... lost both hoses into the abyss. Fortunately, I was able to fish them out with the help of my son, a boroscope, a grabber tool, needlenose pliers, and vice grips. Put the new T3 triple nozzles on, aimed them, and am VERY happy with their performance and build quality.
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

yiucycle wrote:
I just order the suzuki sprayer and a Y-check valve base on this website:

http://transportermagazine.com/2017/01/10/upgrading-vanagon-windshield-squirters/

Total $9 for all the items from ebay.
will report back once it get install.

T3Technique.com sells the same triple sprayer nozzles: http://www.t3technique.com/accessories/body-access...squirters/
yiucycle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

I just order the suzuki sprayer and a Y-check valve base on this website:

http://transportermagazine.com/2017/01/10/upgrading-vanagon-windshield-squirters/

Total $9 for all the items from ebay.
will report back once it get install.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

I think additive processes will revolutionise manufacturing over the next couple decades, but as of today they're nowhere near ready for prime time. Right now 3D printing is at once the slowest, most expensive, and lowest quality way to make a part, the only thing I'm aware of that breaks the old unbreakable rule: Price, Speed, Quality: pick any two.

I applaud those who are tinkering with it, and this isn't meant as a dig at anyone who's trying, but I have to say the results are consistently oversold.

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

I just purchased the (3)three nozzle squirters from T3. They came today and the installation was a pretty simple 15 minutes for both of them. Getting the originals out on an 87 vehicle was the slow part.

Yes, the new nozzles are smaller and do not cover the same footprint. But I can buff some of the edge line when it gets summer.

I am impressed with the amount of fluid these spray and you can adjust all the nozzles to squirt where you want. After some driving and adjusting the difference is night and day.

Just FYI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
As expected... I was cleaning off my wiper blade the other day and I accidentally, and VERY gently, tapped the nozzle and it snapped in half. This left the bottom half barely sticking out of the wiper nozzle hole. This is going to be really fun (again) extracting what’s left of this nozzle and hopefully NOT losing the hose into the nozzle hole abyss AGAIN. Going back to GoWesty dual nozzle sprayer that served me well for years. “If it ain’t broke...”

Total Bummer.

"It is that annoying, accelerating downhill so I can make it up the next hill in the same gear. Foot to floor hoping I can get out of the way of other cars getting onto the highway." - somebody on here around 2013.
snwbrdr435
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/X-Long-Flex-Cable-Pick-Up-4-Finger-Retriever/dp/B006ZEOXJY

Also works to grab objects that fall between the rear bench seat and the westy water cabinet
Mark Lewalski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

That is exactly why I posted yesterday about retrieving the tube from inside... I was removing one of these and it just broke apart so bad that I had nothing to grab in order to pull the tube out.

The tube with the last bit of broken material attached disappeared into the (Black)hole.

I'm willing to support the development of Vanagon parts; especially from small businesses but I don't think these will last.

I read on CampWestfalia.com about these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071XS7HTQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and ended up buying a pair.

I think they work fantastic and are built much better.

This may have been the case of reinventing a wheel that was already working.

Anyway... my thoughts only.

Mark
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

As expected... I was cleaning off my wiper blade the other day and I accidentally, and VERY gently, tapped the nozzle and it snapped in half. This left the bottom half barely sticking out of the wiper nozzle hole. This is going to be really fun (again) extracting what’s left of this nozzle and hopefully NOT losing the hose into the nozzle hole abyss AGAIN. Going back to GoWesty dual nozzle sprayer that served me well for years. “If it ain’t broke...”
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Red Beard wrote:
aiwetir wrote:
aiwetir wrote:
I'm only finding one report on the performance of these. Anyone care to add some comments on how much better/worse/same they are?

Anyone?

So I finally installed them last weekend. Impressions:

-They do offer a better spray pattern than the stock nozzles
-I am not thrilled with the aesthetic appearance
-I found them quite difficult to get installed, and snapped one on accident because the force required to get the tabs through the hole in the body panel is pretty high. Fortunately I had bought two pairs to give one to a friend...sorry, friend
-The plastic feels brittle to me. The way they are designed, you can rotate the big cylinder with the spray hole in it on a base, to aim the stream. That junction between the base and the rotatable part seems very fragile (that's where I broke one of them during install,) and I am concerned that they will be very easy to accidentally break off if hit by a branch, a carwash roller, or a careless windshield squeegee
-Even if it weren't to break at that spot, the rotating part can easily be pulled off the base and lost.
-To seal against the body, they come with O rings, which are a little hard to seat accurately in the base of the nozzle during install

I kept the stock nozzles in by glove box in case I need to reinstall them, and I hope if I do need them I'll be able to get them to seat properly, as the tabs get a little mangled when you pull them out.

Oh my god, these things suck.

So, as I suspected might happen, less than two weeks until I broke one off on accident at a carwash, despite trying to be careful with it. Bought the Gowesty ones to replace them with, and when I tried to extract these things they just break into a bunch of little pieces. Super brittle plastic, and it appears that they also were comprised of multiple pieces glued together? Major PITA to get them out without losing the hoses behind the dash.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In contrast, the gowesty replacement nozzles were extremely simple to fit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Rorke wrote:

I think the only true improvement would be to mount the nozzles on the top of the windshield pointing down. Or within the wiper itself.

Intriguing idea. A connector to join up with the original hose (or a longer replacement, if you're up for it) and a nozzle that attaches to the wiper itself. 3D printer operators/designers, put your thinking caps on.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

aiwetir wrote:
I thought the OP had redesigned them to be one piece and has 2 versions based on nozzle location. Did you buy yours a while ago?

You could pick up a set of the double spray nozzles that everyone sells to keep in the glove box, they are < $15 a pair if you shop around. Apparently some Suzuki nozzles have 3 sprayers, I think I saw those here somewhere.

Wasn't aware of that, I bought them as soon as they were available, and haven't been keeping tabs on this thread or the forum in general in the last 9 months or so.
aiwetir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

I thought the OP had redesigned them to be one piece and has 2 versions based on nozzle location. Did you buy yours a while ago?

You could pick up a set of the double spray nozzles that everyone sells to keep in the glove box, they are < $15 a pair if you shop around. Apparently some Suzuki nozzles have 3 sprayers, I think I saw those here somewhere.
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

aiwetir wrote:
aiwetir wrote:
I'm only finding one report on the performance of these. Anyone care to add some comments on how much better/worse/same they are?

Anyone?

So I finally installed them last weekend. Impressions:

-They do offer a better spray pattern than the stock nozzles
-I am not thrilled with the aesthetic appearance
-I found them quite difficult to get installed, and snapped one on accident because the force required to get the tabs through the hole in the body panel is pretty high. Fortunately I had bought two pairs to give one to a friend...sorry, friend
-The plastic feels brittle to me. The way they are designed, you can rotate the big cylinder with the spray hole in it on a base, to aim the stream. That junction between the base and the rotatable part seems very fragile (that's where I broke one of them during install,) and I am concerned that they will be very easy to accidentally break off if hit by a branch, a carwash roller, or a careless windshield squeegee
-Even if it weren't to break at that spot, the rotating part can easily be pulled off the base and lost.
-To seal against the body, they come with O rings, which are a little hard to seat accurately in the base of the nozzle during install

I kept the stock nozzles in by glove box in case I need to reinstall them, and I hope if I do need them I'll be able to get them to seat properly, as the tabs get a little mangled when you pull them out.
aiwetir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:
Rorke wrote:

The driver's side wiper blocks the drivers side nozzle.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem right there.

Doesn't this happen with the stock ones too? I'm curious if the different sprayer locations makes a difference with these vs the wiper too. What pattern do you guys have that the wiper interferes?
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Rorke wrote:

Yeah, that's the biggest problem right there.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rorke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

Installed the 3 nozzle version about 4000 miles ago.

It works a tad better maybe.

I think the only true improvement would be to mount the nozzles on the top of the windshield pointing down. Or within the wiper itself.

aiwetir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

I should have said "Anyone else?"
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

aiwetir wrote:
Anyone?

Team WorldTour wrote:
However, they DO work better than what I had, so they will stay until I can justify replacing them.

WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aiwetir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: A true spray nozzle | In Production! Reply with quote

aiwetir wrote:

Anyone?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: