Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965 Delivery bug project
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Teehoovee wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
wait... how did yall get so many american cars over in finland?
What? I dont understand you guestion.

Hi. I was saying that I noticed there were lots of American made cars in the pictures you posted and was wondering if they are new imports or if they were originally sold in your country.
Alright. Almost all American cars here are new production, ie imported to Finland after 1985. Before that, Todi came here with little American cars, due to the fact that the Russians regulated the sale of usa cars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Teehoovee wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:

Hi. I was saying that I noticed there were lots of American made cars in the pictures you posted and was wondering if they are new imports or if they were originally sold in your country.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
Wow. Years to build, months to sell? Seems like you enjoy building them more than the actual finished product.

To each their own.

It was an amazing build.
Thank you! I have to give up many other things now. Of course, I wouldn't want to sell this
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Wow. Years to build, months to sell? Seems like you enjoy building them more than the actual finished product.

To each their own.

It was an amazing build.
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Looks beautiful , you gonna drive this thing or trailer it around?
Thanks! Yes, this summer shows car go trailer.
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
What is the next project?
If it's not a vw bug then maybe it's a hot rod or custom what I'll do next
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

jimdubs wrote:
While I have nothing but respect for your fabrication skills, I have been silently watching this thread for quite a while, BUT at this point I have to question one thing:

Were you intending all along to sell this vehicle once it was done? If so, why on earth did you do the paint and interior in such a, ummm, interesting style?
Not everyone’s car-building style pleases, especially proponents of the original style. The car was built in the old-time Kustom style, in an era when a lot of metal flake was used. The benches are old school tuck and roll style. I just received an award for the best interior design / upholstery from the largest car show in the Nordic countries, out of more than 500 cars. Best interior
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

Big Boats.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

While I have nothing but respect for your fabrication skills, I have been silently watching this thread for quite a while, BUT at this point I have to question one thing:

Were you intending all along to sell this vehicle once it was done? If so, why on earth did you do the paint and interior in such a, ummm, interesting style?
VWFIXER
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Great Job,

Choose 2

Over a million air cooled miles driven and 15,000+ cars serviced.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

What is the next project?
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

i will sell this car in 1-2 months
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

BSheldon wrote:
This thing is out there and crazy, but so expertly done and detailed that it really grows on you. It really strikes me as true to the late 60s Autorama style - I think it would have fit in just fine back then!
Thanks!!
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Thanks for posting all the detail shots and different angles, I've been waiting to see them. Applause
Thanks!!
BSheldon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

This thing is out there and crazy, but so expertly done and detailed that it really grows on you. It really strikes me as true to the late 60s Autorama style - I think it would have fit in just fine back then!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Thanks for posting all the detail shots and different angles, I've been waiting to see them. Applause
Teehoovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Delivery bug project Reply with quote

Stunning work! Thanks for taking us on this journey with you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: