Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A short story of an almost new vanagon
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Winter is coming and I am headed south, stopped in vegas for a week or so and went to my usual flaps to restock on a few things.

Having lived here for years most of these guys have seen me and recognize the van.

Today the guy behind the counter tells me his mother recently passed and he was left with the 1988 westy about 2 weeks ago.

Says that she had bought it new, used it for what they believe were 3 trips total and had it just sitting in the yard the rest of the time, which is not THAT surprising to me, I mean, I know of tons of people who do the exact same thing with their boats in this town.

He doesn't seem interested in it, probably because as he says "It doesn't even have ac!"
Didn't think to ask, but if it's a 4 speed that might just be the kiss of death from their perspective, OMG no ac and its not an automatic!

He wanted my contact info, we'll see what happens.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Good Luck.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

This sounds like the intro to an episode of Breaking Bad.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Honestly I don't know that I would even want it, unless it was a really low price, value wise, which I doubt would be the case.

More interesting to me was the idea of a 20,000 mile van.
I've put more miles than that on my van just in the last year.
gonna see life my way

xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmm, sounds tasty!!! Good luck!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

xoo00oox wrote:
Mmmmmmmm, sounds tasty!!! Good luck!!!!

Ha!
You're part of the reason why I might not even want it!
I've gotten myself spoiled by this reversed 1.8t of yours in my own van, with the 5 speed. I love this set up.
How am I supposed to go back to the original WBX now?

I'll probably just end up giving them the samba site info.
At first I was amazed at the prospect of a 20,000 mile van, but the more I think about it, the less interested I am.
gonna see life my way

IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Levi,

Put me on the undoubtedly long list of people who've already PM'd you frantically. I have a trailer, and am interested.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

Ha! Glad you're enjoying it!! You could always send that low mileage in my direction, I can deal with the lack of AC here in the north east.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A short story of an almost new vanagon Reply with quote

If this van is really in nice running condition, and a good looker, why not buy it and turn it yourself?
This is all the barracudas here want to do with it.

Opportunity is knocking on your door.
You could take advantage of this nice find yourself.

Good Luck,
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: