Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2017 Type 3 Rally / Cayucos, CA / September 29-October 1
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Yes. There's no charge to participate in the weekend itself, but if you want to do the 17-Mile Drive you gotta pay the man at the gate. Ten bucks.
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Plan on staying both Friday and Saturday nights, right? Venture home Sunday? I might invite one of my NorCal brothers to stay a night (no VW) and join for the Saturday ride.

From Ventura,CA heading north, that's about:
160 miles (3 hours, all freeway/highway, plus any stops, like near Buellton/Los Osos) from Ventura to Cayucos (prior Rally location). I'll stay Thursday night there.
50 miles (90 minutes) to Sand Dollar Beach (another Rally location).
50 miles (90 minutes) to Fernwood.
Not so long, after all! I am sure we will want to add stops along the coast that will add to the timing... so pretty!
Maybe north TO Fernwood:
- Cambria
- San Simeon
- Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery
- McWay Falls
Maybe north FROM Fernwood
- Bixby Bridge
- Point Lobos
- Pacific Grove
- Laguna Seca Raceway? No, they wouldn't let us drive it, would they? Wink

Looking at the map, as far south of Monterey and a junction with the 101 Fernwood is, I think it makes the most sense to drive the same route back south, rather than head north again to catch the 101. Might stay in Pismo Sunday night, too, if the day gets too long.
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

We are opening up our little home in Los Osos for "campout" on thursday night! Very Happy

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
jaredkohler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Totally down to go!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Gives me a year to finish the car.... Think Think

What’s That Noise?!?
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Gives me a year to finish the car.... Think Think

Well, IF Dave stays around you might actually make that. Laughing
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

We (Terri, my wife) is working on blocking out some Hotel rooms, cabins and tent sites. Fernwood is not cheap, but it's less than any of the other resorts in Big Sur (Except camping at Pfeiffer Big Sur).

We will be posting some prices soon and a deadline with regard to actually reserving accommodations.

Full disclosure - Terri works for the company that owns Fernwood, but the only thing we get out it is they are nicer to us! Oh, and she gets half off on food at the restaurant.

Tom

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
Backn86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Anyone else thinking of camping? Might tow up my heilite, would be nice to reserve my campsite next to other type 3s.

Let me know, and thanks again for doing this!
BugIn.com | Ovals Only | West Coast Bays | Orange County Type 3s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutenfree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Backn86 wrote:
Anyone else thinking of camping? Might tow up my heilite, would be nice to reserve my campsite next to other type 3s.

Let me know, and thanks again for doing this!

After the new year I will start my planning for the rally...my fasty and I will definitely be there!
my Shapeways store
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Venice Motor Bikes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

This looks like a lot of fun!

Will this event also be listed in the events section here? (It's almost a year away & that's where I look for upcoming events).

Here's a pick of my 65 Notch... Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Venice Motor Bikes wrote:
Will this event also be listed in the events section here? (It's almost a year away & that's where I look for upcoming events).

Thanks for the reminder to post in events! We'll get right on that. Nice looking notch, BTW -- hope you can join us!
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

I plan on going down to San Diego. Hook up with my brothers at the Type 3 Factory. Be in their caravan up to the event.

I will have camping gear - like a tent if needed. Ill be pulling a trailer behind the 64 notch.

If anyone wants to hook up on the travel down - like my Oregon Brothers or my LA brothers - lets figure it out now. Then caravan up with the SD boys to the event.

This is solid in my plans and will not change for sure. 2017 will be an epic T3 year. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
I plan on going down to San Diego. Hook up with my brothers at the Type 3 Factory. Be in their caravan up to the event.

I will have camping gear - like a tent if needed. Ill be pulling a trailer behind the 64 notch.

If anyone wants to hook up on the travel down - like my Oregon Brothers or my LA brothers - lets figure it out now. Then caravan up with the SD boys to the event.

This is solid in my plans and will not change for sure. 2017 will be an epic T3 year. Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

PRICELESS
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Looks like a great weekend for sure!
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JonSolo74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

I should have my Notch done by early summer, if so, I'm definitely in! I could use a vacation, and this looks to be a great time!
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Awww shit I can't miss this.

Notchboy I may try and join the cruise down, don't know if I'll go all the way to SD and back though!

Luckily I've saved up some vacation time 😎
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

JSMskater wrote:
Awww shit I can't miss this.

Notchboy I may try and join the cruise down, don't know if I'll go all the way to SD and back though!

Luckily I've saved up some vacation time 😎

Well then you would have to cruz back home together. You would drive your square yeah? Or you hitching a ride?

Im for sure taking extra time to go to San Diego then cruz up with the SD Boyz - of which you are one of.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

West coast?! Hmmm... Laughing

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

Notched wrote:
West coast?! Hmmm... Laughing

Im sure the Portland crew will be in to go to this?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Type 3 Rally / Big Sur, CA / September 29-October 1 Reply with quote

I'm sure a few will.

Where's Vader? Did he commit? Laughing

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: