Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

baywindow side mouldings
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshalltucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: baywindow side mouldings Reply with quote

Hello , my vw is a de luxe baywindow bus '76 model and I am searching for the side mouldings complete set. The mouldings I am searching for are those were fitted on the middle of the side of the bus ( like , for example , those were fitted on special edition "silber fish") , but I can't find them .
Can you tell me where I can find such a tipe of mouldings Nos or used? Thank you .
Type2_Personality
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: baywindow side mouldings Reply with quote

This link might have what you are looking for.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D241%2D898%2D111%2DB
400,000+ West Coast USA Miles
Too Many Dead Shows To Remember
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: baywindow side mouldings Reply with quote

That's for belt line trim, that's on early deluxe models.

I believe he's looking for the later Euro trim, which sits lower than the belt line, as seen here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713862

That later trim was never put on NA buses, so it's not very common here, you'll probably have to find a vendor overseas.
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: baywindow side mouldings Reply with quote

Type2_Personality wrote:
This link might have what you are looking for.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D241%2D898%2D111%2DB

It is great that this chrome is available new.... But I just don't need all of it, or want to spend $400. I found several overseas vendors. You need to go to Jersey Looker Early Bay and get the part #s, then search with them.

Only think I can see is the 68 - 71 look to have a POINT on the one in front of the door mirror. Causing a right-left issue. Then in 72 they made the tip round and you can interchange the sides.

Even the Yard dealers on here, don't seem to have any ads for it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: