Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Floor Pans
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Floor Pans Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting new floors as mine are toast(they were new). I'm looking at Wolfsburg West or this http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24%2D111%2D701%2D061%2DMHD
Has anyone had experience with the ones from CIP1? They look good and the brace is pre welded which is good because I don't want to weld that on. Post some pictures if you have them. I already read the thread about the orange ones, and I don't want those.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Anyone?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

So no one has used the zito/estriguaru pans?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

The Zito pans are noticeably thinner than the Wolfsburg West pans. If you want to use the best and can afford it, get the thickest ones you can. In my opinion, those are the WW ones.

Dave

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

I wonder if cip1 is lying. They say the pans are 1.1 mm which is 18 gauge I think. The WW pans are also 18 gauge. The only reason I'd pick the zito/estriguaru pans is because it has the Jack points and braces pre welded.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Maybe the CIP ones are thicker now. I have a set of older Zito pans on a car I am building now (came with it). Those are thinner than WW pans that I have installed. Use your judgement....call them up and ask. Good luck.

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

The link I posted gives two brands. It says zito on the tab, but on the link it says estriguaru. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Keep in mind that gauge falls into a range and is not exact. Also, steel suppliers tend to sell product that is a full gauge increment lower than what they say it is. I just bought some 20 gauge that is actually 21. Laughing I'm not talking about error caused by whether it is galvanized or not either.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Okay, what I think I'm receiving from this and multiple other threads is that WW makes the best. I just don't want to weld the extra stuff and cip1 has free shipping, even if it takes twice as long. I really want to see some pictures of the zito pans.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Does anyone have pictures of installed zito/estriguaru pans?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

The best option is to get the Wolfsburg West pans and keep your original crossbraces. Even though the WW pans are better than others, the crossbraces are not as heavy and well made as the VW originals.

In other words, get the WW pans so you don't have to go through the trouble of removing crappy cross braces from your brand new pans.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

I'd like to see a new company step up and produce correct parts for our vw's, shame really that all aftermarket is inferior... this goes for American cars as well...

If a company is already tooled up to make parts make them right...
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
The best option is to get the Wolfsburg West pans and keep your original crossbraces. Even though the WW pans are better than others, the crossbraces are not as heavy and well made as the VW originals.

In other words, get the WW pans so you don't have to go through the trouble of removing crappy cross braces from your brand new pans.

My cross braces are gone... They were rusted beyond repair. I guess WW it is. How do the holes line up for reproduction heater channels?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Q-Dog wrote:

My cross braces are gone... They were rusted beyond repair. I guess WW it is. How do the holes line up for reproduction heater channels?

I had to use one of the WW cross braces, well half of it anyway, and it worked fine. It was a few gauges smaller then the original though.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

I have a set from a fellow member that I used on the pans I bought prior to there demise. They seemed well made and matched the original well. It was a tad thinner though.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I wonder if cip1 is lying.

I no longer trust their opinion regarding the quality of the parts they sell!!!!
They throw around "O.E.M. Quality" in the descriptions like no one will notice it's B.S.!!!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

i noticed the OEM thing as well. Just look at this...
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-111-701-062-MT
"OE sheet metal quality", yeah alright. .90 mm thick definately isn't the OE 18 gauge steel.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Heinz57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

I used the Zito pans on my '75 Baja and they are very thin. While working on the roll cage, I managed to stretched/bent the rear area of the pan by just kneeling on it. Use the WW pan they are much better. I only used the cheaper pans because it is an off road car. I fixed the pan by using a shrinking disc. Now I use a cut a piece of plywood to cover the heater channel to the tunnel of the pan when working on the car so it does not bend again.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

Based on the last few comments, Wolfsburg West it is!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Floor Pans Reply with quote

There's also the issue of how well whatever floor pans you buy will match up to the heater channels you're using ....whether you're putting OEM channels on new pans, or new channels on new pans. See this thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8215480&highlight=#8215480
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: