Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Am I flashing back on 1960s acid or did VW at one point issue a TSB to drop the Schoor washers ??

On edit..concave lock washers were dropped but not lock plates

Last edited by Abscate on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Am I flashing back on 1960s acid or did VW at one point issue a TSB to drop the Schoor washers ??

Bentley mentions deleting the concave washer on the splines of the axle shaft, but I've never heard anyone removing the serrated washers with VW's blessing.

But what do I know, I have committed unspeakable sins to my Volkswagen DNA in the CV axle department… Razz

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

As posted on many occasions previously....
"Pictures, please, or it never happened."

lol!

Mary Kissmoose, Sambanistas!

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
As posted on many occasions previously....
"Pictures, please, or it never happened."

Of what? My Unspeakable Sins? Gummi-Phlege the boots and you'll be a step ahead of my game…

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Bentley mentions deleting the concave washer on the splines of the axle shaft, but I've never heard anyone removing the serrated washers with VW's blessing.

But what do I know, I have committed unspeakable sins to my Volkswagen DNA in the CV axle department… Razz

Robbie

That was it. I took mine off and colored them all different colours like newspaper taxis ..or maybe that wasn't real...
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Oh, you had a Harlequin Edition?

My old bus could tell you all about the hippy squares…

Merry Christmas folks.
Robbie
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Robbie

That was it. I took mine off and colored them all different colours like newspaper taxis ..or maybe that wasn't real...
Annoying Newspaper Taxis.....Always appearing on the shore!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
Abscate wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Robbie

Annoying Newspaper Taxis.....Always appearing on the shore!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NYCynthia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Merry Christmas everyone
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Travel safe, be strong, do good work, and stay in touch.

Catch you on one of my West coast swings
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Are you still on to be up here around now?

Whats going on girl?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

We finally got to meet Cynthia and BF Greg yesterday. I had offerred to host Cynthia at our home many times since the start of this thread but the timing had never worked out. Finally it did!
Cynthia is just as she represents on this thread: smart, tough, goal oriented and a really pleasant person. Her BF is the same. She enjoyed meeting my wife since they are about the same stature. Cynthia's comment: "it is cool to be able to look another adult woman in the eye."
Her bus is just wonderful. It might have been lipstick on a pig when she bought it but it is one fine bus now. Looks great and runs great. A real pleasure to drive.
I hope we can host her again the the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NYCynthia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Hey jason I went up to San Fran on the 10th but Northern California had a terrible storm. I was stuck in San Fran for a day waiting for the storm to clear out. Then there was a storm in Oregon. I wanted to meet greg in Seattle but we decided it was best for him to fly to LA. I went to the Pomona swap meet with Brian, robbie and Jake. After I went back to LA i drove down to San deigo to visit Larry, gary and Telford. While down in San deigo I got to meet with one of the previous owners. I found her in the old service record binder. I pulled up to her house as she was leaving and she paused and said nice bus and we told her that it used to be her bus. She reminisced about it and reconized the old rip in the vinyl. She was thrilled and sent a photo to her husband. She mentioned she replaced the engine twice since she had it and sold it to a guy what wanted to show it. She lived near ocean side and the bus was rusting and wanted to sell it to someone that would spend the money to fix it up. She sold it for 4500! Larry was so hospitable and such a pleasure to be around. After I went over Robbie's and learned how to change my own oil Smile we also treated some rust. Love working on the bus. Robbie taught me a bunch of stuff. Today was a very productive day. I will make my way up north eventually perhaps in the spring Smile

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Great to hear from you NYC!

Don't forget those safety glasses when working with any chemicals, paints, etc...any tools for that matter! PM me if you don't have and I'll send you somefrom the military industrial complex. Ypu already paid for them
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Loved the car wash picture! It is like a spa treatment for the bus! Great story.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

I never knew Robbie had a twin brother...

Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
I never knew Robbie had a twin brother...

Laughing

SO- did she clear the bus and land on her feet?

Clearly a game of "driver toss"

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Thought you may of fell off in the ocean Laughing

Just checking in - yes there were some bad storms so your decision to stay south in the sun was best.

Pomona - ahh the good times there.

Have fun, be safe and have a beer for me.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Nice! Glad you guys are having fun.

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Sorry I missed you yesterday, looks like it went well though!

And to those wondering, yes we were able to launch her over the bus. She stuck the landing on a double back flip. 10/10

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Jump to:
Page 45 of 52

Jump to: