Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Seriously, having a third person to catapult over the bus really helped lower the rooftop tent on Sunday morning!

I think we took care of the water leak into the rear compartment by sealing the Volkswagen script with some silicone, and oh yeah, filling the holes that just so happened to rust through the rear hatch! Shocked

What the photos didn't show, was a cleaning of the engine compartment, new battery swapped in, wiper assembly pulled, cleaned, and greased, rust treated under the electrical inlet, passenger door striker adjusted, all lock tumblers graphite lubricated, all latches oiled, carb tune dialed in even closer, stock damper/tail pipe and muffler acquired, wiper switch escutcheon secured, and local Chinese food devoured. Plus, there was beer and a hot tub in there somewhere.

Nice to have you two over, travel safe!
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Now that it's been a couple months since Sunny was released from rehab ( Laughing ) in San Diego, how is he/she running?
And more importantly, are you finding all the surf spots you've been looking for?

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Even after launching six of my own, i still get the Dad nights worrying about young ladies doing the " bus life"

,even though NYCynthia has all the right stuff to take care of herself just fine.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Even after launching six of my own, i still get the Dad nights worrying about young ladies doing the " bus life",even though NYCynthia has all the right stuff to take care of herself just fine.

I have the same thoughts! I heard from her recently and she is doing fine. While we understand that she gets plenty of parental concern from her own parents, her foster family here wants her to be safe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

A tough NYC girl can kick any Californian's butt without raising her blood pressure. So, not to worry! lol

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Time for an update Cynthia. It's been way too quiet.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

I saw she is in NYC now
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NYCynthia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was back in NY for a bit but now I'm back in LA. It's a long story but I had to abruptly go back to New York for a while. While I'm in LA, I'm storing the bus in the LA area and im driving my Honda to Santa Rosa. Robbie is joining me for the ride north. Being in California was great but I need to go home and take care of things there before I can come back.

The bus has been running great. I booked an appointment in august with Collin which I'll have at Robbie's place. Everything is going great and I'm pulling out of my California project and I'll still be bicostal Smile

I've met so many good people along the way. Thank you vw bus community.

Best,

Cynthia
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

PM sent...
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

So what happened to the Bus?
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

I heard she sold it and moved to Mexico. Dunno

(you still coming down Sunday?)

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I heard she sold it and moved to Mexico. Dunno

(you still coming down Sunday?)

well that was short lived
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

If she did I’m waiting for my cut
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Laughing
kidding. She still has the bus, rumor has it that Sunny is near the socal area.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

I know
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

I kidnaped Sunny Shhh

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
I kidnaped Sunny Shhh

And now she's living in the basement.

Aloha
tp
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Such a whirlwind romance then nothing.

Thanks for the update.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Cynthia lives pretty off-grid... I'll tell her to post more when I see her this weekend.

Two months ago we transcended on Portland around the same time at Xevin's house. There was much bus work, and even more beer.

Then she met with Colin at my parent's place in LA, at which I took no pictures. We spent two days sorting out exhaust issues and non-issues, dealing with a creaky steering column, cleaning and repacking front wheel bearings, and adjusting front brakes.

On Sunday, we're removing the engine to figure out why the clutch pedal suddenly lost three inches of bite, and replacing the clutch cable didn't help. (Anyone else guessing throw-out fork arm issues? Because I am...)

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Story of a girl and her new Volkswagen Bus, Sunny Reply with quote

Failing clutch release arm is my guess too....Reweld it?
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Jump to:
Page 46 of 52

Jump to: