Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB performance EFI on a wbx?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking to put on my 2.1 dj wbx the cb performance EFI kit.

Does it fit on an '89 westy vanagon? I need to do modifications?

Greetings from Spain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Nothing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Yes, you could install CB's EFI ecu on your WBX, and modify their harness to work with your injectors and sensors. You *may* need to come up with a solution for the crank trigger-wheel, as it *may not* clear the WBX pulley (or it might...you'll need to do that leg work).

CB's intake manifolds would need significant porting to fit your heads, but will not clear the engine bay. Their exhaust (if you're contemplating turbo'ing your engine) would need 2 of the flanges modified for the WBX exhaust stud pattern.

Considering the question you are asking indicates that you are at ground-zero on the learning curve, why not research ECUs that are common on the European market, and find out which ECUs tuners local to you are using?

I don't think electrickery works that way
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Stripped66 wrote:
Yes, you could install CB's EFI ecu on your WBX, and modify their harness to work with your injectors and sensors. You *may* need to come up with a solution for the crank trigger-wheel, as it *may not* clear the WBX pulley (or it might...you'll need to do that leg work).

CB's intake manifolds would need significant porting to fit your heads, but will not clear the engine bay. Their exhaust (if you're contemplating turbo'ing your engine) would need 2 of the flanges modified for the WBX exhaust stud pattern.

Considering the question you are asking indicates that you are at ground-zero on the learning curve, why not research ECUs that are common on the European market, and find out which ECUs tuners local to you are using?

I'm going to put that engine on an original 1.9 wbx with carburator, so I didn't have the original ECU and the injection system is in bad conditions.

If I put the CB kit, I'll use all it's stuff. I don't want turbo power, I'll run on NA.

So I need to adapt a sensor to my engine pulley?

Sorry but I'm lost in this matter Laughing

Greetings from Spain
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Albertoprop17 wrote:

So I need to adapt a sensor to my engine pulley?

There's a solution offered here:
http://thedubshop.goodsie.com/wasser-oxy-boxer-crank-trigger-package

I don't think electrickery works that way
Mavelotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Thanks Stripped66!

I just so happen to have a couple wasser pulleys available for exchange right now. Seeing your in Spain Albertoprop17, it may be more effective to just pay a core charge for a pulley instead of sending yours to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: CB performance EFI on a wbx? Reply with quote

Mavelotta wrote:
Thanks Stripped66!

I just so happen to have a couple wasser pulleys available for exchange right now. Seeing your in Spain Albertoprop17, it may be more effective to just pay a core charge for a pulley instead of sending yours to me.

Yes, I think it's the best solution Laughing

If I put the EFI, I will contact you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: