Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

fuguboy wrote:
Who makes The "spec"Clutch is it USA or chona?

IIRC, they are located in Alabama. They offer clutches for most cars, and I am fairly confident they are assembled here in the US, but also confident the stampings, diaphragms and shoes are all made in Asia. At least that's what I received the last time I ordered from them.

I don't think electrickery works that way
fuguboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

Who makes The "spec"Clutch is it USA or chona?
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

Go lightest clutch you can for your driving style, its like having a fuse in your electrical system, a blown clutch is a lot cheaper to replace than having your $1000 transaxle in parts and pieces and dripping goo on garage floor...

Also excessively heavy clutch will make your left leg larger then your right leg and if you drive vehicle a lot you left leg will ache more...

I gave 1700 KEP in buggy and its almost more clutch than I need, but then I start by getting car to roll and once slack is out of drive train I bump throttle up and release clutch all the way, can still can do wicked burnouts... IF you are just cranking up the revs and side stepping clutch, BANG, you are going to break something with monster clutch...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

And maybe not even then. Mike Lawless had an 1800# clutch and a really good disc setup when he was making 250-260HP N/A. Wheelies all day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

Having too much Pressure plate is very harsh on parts and you will break your transaxle. You do not need a stage 2 until you get around 190-200 HP.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
sweetguth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

I had a spec before wit no issues. I have a kennedy now but haven't got it put on. The stage 2 is the same price and has a bit more tolerance depending on your final torque concerning ur setup.

If you think u may eventually may go bigger and better u may want to consider the stage 2. One less thing to do down the road.
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

Balance either one and run it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: SPEC stage 1 pressure plate/clutch vs Kennedy Stage 1 Reply with quote

Any big differences in performance/quality or pretty much same thing? Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: