Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classic VW BuGs 2016 Fall Foliage Air-Cooled Cruise 10-29-16
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Classic VW BuGs 2016 Fall Foliage Air-Cooled Cruise 10-29-16 Reply with quote

Our 2016 “Fall Foliage VW Cruise” into the Hudson Valley is Saturday October 29th 2016.

PLEASE HAVE A PRINT OUT OF THE MAP & DIRECTIONS by clicking below
http://www.classicvwbugs.com/2016/10/27/classic-vw...-saturday/

This will be our 5th Fall Foliage Cruise into the Hudson Valley. We are meeting at my shop THIS SATURDAY October 29th at 8am, we depart 9am SHARP and head north through the scenic Hudson Valley. Bring your air-cooled VW or Porsche, we would love to have you! This will be about a 60 mile cruise, something memorable here at www.ClassicVWbugs.com.

Here are the videos from the 2015 Cruise!
Part 1

Link

Part 2

Link

Please mark your calendars and join us, it will be awesome!

We do a beautiful ride!

I have the tour mapped out with a few stops for sight seeing, lunch, and an all around GOOD TIME touring the Hudson Valley. If you plan on attending, please be sure to have;

1. A FULL TANK OF GAS!!
2. SNACKS, DRINKS
3. Optional (YOUR CAMERA) the views will be awesome
4. And of course your Air-Cooled VW of any shape or size.
5. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR VW IS RUNNING IN TIP TOP!

Please be at my shop by 8am, 22 Burts Rd. Congers NY 10920

This is a SHINE ONLY EVENT, should last till about 2-3pm when we finish lunch at the shop. Rain Date is Sunday the 30th.

There will be plenty of stops for people to use the Restrooms.

We will be finishing the tour at our shop 22 Burts Rd Congers NY for lunch on hand. This should be a BLAST. If you have any questions about the tour, please call me 845.290.9900.

Free to ALL!

Please tell us if you are coming and who is staying for lunch! We need to do a head count.

More info, please call 845.290.9900
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW BuGs 2016 Fall Foliage Air-Cooled Cruise 10-29-16 Reply with quote

At least 30 ACVWs went on the cruise; I participated in my '64 Ghia cabrio. Here are a few shots of mine, mainly to show the other 2 Ghias on the cruise: Ramsey's '60 which he drove with the top down despite ~40F upon departure Very Happy ; and Vince's cherry red '65- he's the original owner Cool !

Northbound on the Palisades Parkway heading to the Bear Mtn Bridge:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

US Rt 6 on the eastern side of the Hudson River heading north-west, with the Bear Mtn Bridge in background. Chris was driving the orange Beetle Cabrio and occasionally holding his high-res video camera out to record the cruise.

Thanks for hosting the event, Chris!
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic VW BuGs 2016 Fall Foliage Air-Cooled Cruise 10-29-16 Reply with quote

Awesome pics Roland! Yeah we broke a record this year, over 70 people participated in the cruise and we had 43 VWs in the convoy.

Video of the cruise coming soon.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Classic VW BuGs 2016 Fall Foliage Air-Cooled Cruise 10-29-16 Reply with quote

I'm so sorry I missed the cruise this year, but a friend of ours was throwing his wife a surprise 60th birthday party and I had to be there. I hope to make it next year.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: