Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

I've found them from multiple vendors for IDA's but not for DRLA's. Anybody know where I can get them?
http://www.piersideparts.net/CB6372.html
64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

Make your own single stack filters, it will be more work than the IDA because you also have to make a filter or screen to go over the middle of the carb, or not. If you want it to work right for any length of time, you should.

how much would you pay? is looking cool a requirement?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

I've always heard they kill "standoff".

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

If you crunch the numbers, and see how much open space is left after adding the screen, you might change your mind. The screen causes more of a restriction than you would think, and may actually offset whatever flow improvements the velocity stacks make to begin with. Of course, you could form the screen into a dome; more surface area, more open space..
I remember reading on an alfa forum where some English guys were messing around with them. They found that the cheap eBay screen stacks for weber DCOE flowed worse than no stacks and old dirty filters. But they do look cool
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

If you want something like the picture, just use a screen. There's no point in foam because as they get soaked with gas, that will just wash the dirt through anyway. Stainless screens.
vince1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Source for filtered velocity stacks for Dellorto DRLA's Reply with quote

You need those :

http://www.cbperformance.com/Polished-Billet-Aluminum-IDF-Velocity-Stacks-p/6375.htm

and those :

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/6373.htm

and it'll look like this on my friend 67's 2275 engine :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Click here for my full pix detailed 2165 engine build with beehive valvetrain.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm a French guy ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: