Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T3 hightop from Norway
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Hi guys and girls.
I just bougth this Westfalia mosaik T3 hightop 1,6TD with no rust.
I want to upgrade it with an alarm with central locking and aftermarked power windows. The engine will have to be upgradet to an 1,9 TDK.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Italjohn on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Welcome! Looks like a fun van...I love hightops!

Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

But can you unbuckle that boat and use it for fishing? I notice it has a nicely placed window on the bottom for fishy spotting.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Italjohn wrote:

Nice rig. The bike rack is interesting. It mostly looks like a Fiamma but the bike tray is different and the rack that drops down is also different than what I'm familiar with.

My '90 gets its high-top in November!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

What info do you have on that grill and headlight setup? Looks like a projected rim.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Looks like a Taifun headlight grill.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Lights look like Hella driving lamps in the high beam buckets, and ordinary low beams for Norway. Are you seeing the ends of the grill slats as an optical effect maybe?

I'd love to see an interior shot or 3!
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Taifun grill
http://www.vwpix.org/T3/Prospekte/deutschland/tuning/Taifun/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D Mortensen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Velkommen til. Fin bil du har fundet.
81 LBX westfalia camper
89 WBX doka
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Welcome and Ditto that last! ^^^

Love to see more pictures Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

OK, I've seen that front grill before on a few European vans, looks good.

Never have seen the rear hub cap before, with the middle jutting out like that. Was that a common hubcap on the European vans?
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Thanks for all the nice feedbacks.
I will try to answer the questions later.
And yes, it's a Taifun grill.
The owner had all the paperwork as well, and there I found the Taifun "manual". I got two big ringbinders with all original service manuals as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

The donor Golf engine is out Very Happy

Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

AAZ, good choice!
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

levi wrote:

Never have seen the rear hub cap before, with the middle jutting out like that. Was that a common hubcap on the European vans?
It was a common hubcap on Diesel powered cars in Norway up to 31.12.93. It is a Kilometer counter inside, as Norway had europes lowest price on Diesel, and then we payed km tax in addition. When we went abroad, we filed up as close to the border as possible, drove to the customs office and red the km counter, and when re entering Norway, we red the counter and registered it at the customs office. and then hopefully it was enough diesel to get to the nearest petrol station.
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Very interesting, thanks !
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: New on the forum, T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Buss Marius wrote:
levi wrote:

It was a common hubcap on Diesel powered cars in Norway up to 31.12.93. It is a Kilometer counter inside, as Norway had europes lowest price on Diesel, and then we payed km tax in addition. When we went abroad, we filed up as close to the border as possible, drove to the customs office and red the km counter, and when re entering Norway, we red the counter and registered it at the customs office. and then hopefully it was enough diesel to get to the nearest petrol station.

Thanks for the hub cap info. I did also wonder what that could be Very Happy
pedrokrusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Nice mosaik westy!!!

Would love to see pictures of the interior...
Is it like this?
http://www.westfaliat3.info/Sept_87_Westfalia_Mosaik_Sales_BrochureWM.pdf

All the other brochures:
http://www.westfaliat3.info/html/westfalia_mosaik_self_install.html

In case you guys don't know what a mosaik westfalia is:
Quote:
1983 - 1990 Volkswagen Watercooled T25 / T3 Westfalia Mosaik Joker Self Install History.

In 1983 Westfalia introduced a range of furniture and fittings called the Mosaik install programme. The range consisted of everything that was required for an owner to turn their own Volkswagen T25 / T3 (new or second hand) into a fully fitted camper. It was possible for owners to fit the equipment themselves or to have it fitted at a Westfalia dealer. The range changed over the years to match the corresponding changes in the Westfalia factory produced models. The range included pop top and hightop roofs, furniture, cushions, curtains, upholstery, gas fittings, heaters etc. To get an idea of the wide range of products available have a look at the sales brochures and price lists in the links below.

If you are thinking of buying a Westfalia camper then you may like to check if you are buying a genuine factory produced model or possibly a home built one using furniture and fittings from the Westfalia Mosaik self install program. The way to spot this is discussed in more detail in the Westfalia T25 / T3 buyers guide.

1989 vanagon Karmann Gipsy #652, TDI AFN
1991 vanagon westfalia conversion TDI ALH Silverfox
ex-1989 vanagon syncro passenger Syncrofox (Sold)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598791&highlight=
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493964&highlight=speed+aap+trans
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=496589&highlight=carrier+bars
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=506025
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Yes thats the one, exept from the heater Very Happy
The previous owner has installed a gas bottle where the 5 th. seat is supposed to be.

Last edited by Italjohn on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: T3 hightop from Norway Reply with quote

Got my alarm with central locking.
Here is the new folding keys Very Happy
The quality is excellent Cool

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: