Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon people having each others backs
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vsyevolod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Vanagon people having each others backs Reply with quote

Hello great community,

Last week in rainy Seattle, I was blindsided during a merge just south of Green Lake. Took me totally by surprise. Fortunately another Westy driver was nearby. They stopped, took pictures, facilitated communication with the other driver, and convinced both me and her that she was 100% at fault. Honestly, I had no idea.

Since being evicted a week prior (after 22 years in the same residence) I have been living in my Westy on the streets of Seattle while I look for a new place to live. Not only did this other Westy driver cover my back, she also called her mechanic and found out that he was available that day to work on my car. Since my car was hit directly on the wheel, it suffered no body damage. Just a few bent tie rods and radius arms. So I was back on the road in just two days, with the other insurance company putting a check in the mail for the full amount.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for this community of ours and what we do for each other.

Stephen

cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon people having each others backs Reply with quote

Stephen,
Very glad to see such threads about others helping others. I do hope that you are able to find a new brick and mortar home real soon.

Craig
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon people having each others backs Reply with quote

That's what I'm talking about! I love these kinds of stories!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon people having each others backs Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon people having each others backs Reply with quote

Nice story. I hope you find a new home soon!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: