Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TX Sand/Streetrail
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LineRider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: TX Sand/Streetrail Reply with quote

I recently ran an add here to sell my buggies several hits and low ballers but no come and sees. I live in the great state of Texas and I decided to rebuild my old rail I first built back in 1991 and have been kicking it around for a few years now so I cleaned out the shop and made some room disassembled the rail completely got the engine and trans done and started on the frame ........... I just found out that absolutely no buggies of any kind will no longer be given titles or registrations. I checked with my local licensing office and they directed me to the DPS web site. in just a few short mins I found what I did not want to find and it was very specific about VW based Buggies fiberglass and rails. Now what? I did find a guy on here from my home town Spring TX selling his very impressive rail, says it's titled as an "Assembled Roadster" but no word . According to the DPS Web site being very specific about our type of cars (SAND/STREET RAILS), we don't even fit into the "Assembled Roadster" category because there is no body. Do I have a bunch of scrap steel and fiberglass?
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TX Sand/Streetrail Reply with quote

There is already a thread about Texas. Keep your ad here. You best chance is to sell it to somebody in another state that does not have this problem and can register it where they live. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=561506
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: