Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scat procar 90 seats
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

Does anyome have any pictures of how they welded in the base for these seats?
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

I will be ordering procar 90s for my 412 next year. I have some pictures I have collected from various communications with them.

I will see what I can find. What is it you need to know? Just off the top of my head....I "think" these seats when you do not order any particular mounting system....have just mounting lugs sticking out on the bottom in a specific pattern. That pattern matches a fairly generic seat bottom frame they sell that is similar to late watercooled VW and other cars.

I have that schematic and will post in just a few when I get to my office. From what I can see....at least on my car.....I should be able to take my stock VW seat base and weld or bolt it to my stock slider mechanism. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

I am assuming you are looking for the welded in mounting tab spacing...right?

Some of these pictures may help. They are not great http://procarbyscat.com/seat-assembly-instructions

And of course clicking here gives seat dimensions http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Pro-90

And they already have adapters for bug and type 3... http://procarbyscat.com/adapters ...which probably means Ghia and some bus as well.

Scat has MANY brackets/adapters.

If you google Pro-car 90 seat mounting points you will find LOTS of threads in other types of cars with pictures.

If I am not mistaken....these seats generally have threaded mounting nuts welded into the seat bottom pan. They BOLT to the adapters.

This thread is for American cars...but has some interesting pictures that may or may not help. Dig through the google images until you find pages that have what you need to see.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=616012

This add shows the seat bottom tipped up in the white seat picture. You can get an idea where the bolt tabs are.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Scat-ProCar-Pro-90-Series-Bucket-Seats,52291.html

There is some good info here as well. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=443935&postorder=desc

The conversation that last forum makes note that the covers are not as nice as TMI and others...but the seat design and padding is excellent. I know from contacting scat...that if you want specific fabric or inserts....you can send them fabric and they will make your seats with it....but since they are made off continent...you are looking at 6-8 weeks.

Or...you could just call Scat.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
go2469
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

I have a 1975 sb with procar 90-series 1300 seats. Anyone know where I can get new covers? Will 1978-79 covers fit these seats?
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

go2469 wrote:
I have a 1975 sb with procar 90-series 1300 seats. Anyone know where I can get new covers? Will 1978-79 covers fit these seats?

Have you called Pro-car?

Ray
go2469
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

No I have not. Will give them a call next week. There was a set of covers for a 78' that would fit the theme for the car, but I did not know if they would fit these seats. I may have to buy a set of stock seats that will match the covers.
Thanks,
Greg
1961 ghia convertible
1975 super beetle convertible
go2469
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Scat procar 90 seats Reply with quote

Called Scat about ProCar seat covers, they do not make replacement covers. So, if anyone has stock 1978 or 1979 SB seats and has the time to measure them, I would like to have those measurements to see if 78' seat covers will fit on the procar seats.

thanks, greg
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: