Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

Here goes I have a original so42 tourist delivery in seablue and blue white with a dormobile top.
I thought the seat covers done in Germany a long time ago but a westy has turned up in the classifieds with the exact type of seat covers on it which wasn't expecting.
I was going to remove mine thinking they weren't original but now I'm thinking they are?
Here are mine

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

These are the ones on the westy in the classifieds

Any thoughts or similar ones I would be very interested to see pictures
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

I don't recognize that material. Are the covers held on by hog rings? If so, NOT original. VW used the metal spikes around seat frame.
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

I know it's not vw fabric but I am thinking done by westfalia maybe as the other so42 is very similar there are old labels under there written in German which will look at and see if there's a address on there.
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

perhaps a pic of the back and underside of the seats would help settle the discussion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

Ben we have a early bay with similar material covers (different colours) at work. It is said to be original, called. Millionaire something or other?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

That's interesting rich
I've had a look at the seats yesterday and they are done very well and have paper labels with German text underneath so must of been done before it was exported to the us.

Who.Me?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

low54 wrote:
That's interesting rich
done very well and have paper labels with German text underneath so must of been done before it was exported to the us.

I'm curious - what do your labels look like and what do they say? I found a label inside the bench seat on my truck with '23 Badin' pencilled on it in. It was tucked up in the seat springs, but the tearing looks a bit like it was stiched in. I've wondered if it was a factory label relating to the seat trimming, or just a random label.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

I don't know if the labels have anything to do with the upholstery or not but:
If you look through the seat tags images in the gallery
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...ts=summary
Some have places to enter data and some do not.
These entry lines could be upholstery colors.

'58 example

Some others just have printed numbers
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

Thanks Everett I will take a look
Here's the label appears to be stuck on
It appears to be from a town south of wolfsburg
RMinNC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia so42s with odd factory seat covers Reply with quote

The side material color on the dormatic chair in the classifieds seems consistent with what is on your seats. Nothing appears to remain from the cushion fabric to compare though.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1138856
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/3841007.jpg
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: