Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Greetings to All!

So, my car is VW Käfer, 1984 (released a special series for Germany "Samtroter Sonderkäfer"), Built cars in at VW plant in Puebla, Mexico, on the sea sailed into the Port of Emden in northern Germany, which owned it home (as in January of '78 all the beetles in Germany ceased to produce, because, on the conveyor had a new and fresh model VW Golf 1 and followed him a year later Polo, in the end, after a 78 year, production was only in Brazil and Mexico on July 2003), the basis of this technical fact, this vehicle model began in 1973 innovation engineers Volkswagen plant, which is the technique to the end of the assembly on another continent practically unchanged. The car is not as such the stove, hot air rapids heated and supplied from the fan cooling the motor, located behind — after passing through the thermal via holes in the muffler (adjustable heat input levers next to the handbrake), part of the cold air enters from the air intake in the front, you can mix the air and even then the adjustment is separate (driver / passenger).
Suspension torsion, all brake drum, no amplifiers in the car there, a tank of 40 liters, consumption in the city of about 10 liters per 100 km. The machine is not hot in Moscow traffic jams, when it's under 30, and the driver of the ideal designed vents and cold in the cabin -15 — this is called the pinnacle of engineering, without fans, air conditioners and other benefits!
The history of the machine is as follows: In 2010, Germany Bug came to Russia in Krasnodar region, nor in the best condition and completeness, it was a lot of rust on the body, especially the door upholstery interior, door cards all torn, etc., many of which did not have (anything at all surprising, who owns the old technology will understand) and then began the process of recovery of its previous owner, who took almost 3 years, and one year I was in the yard under a canopy, leaving time to time, with the machine in the last year traveled no more than 500 km.
Mileage currently 72,500 km, as I believe that is second round.

What was done with the words of the former owner: the body was cleared and the frame of the old paint and rye processed and coated with primer and paint and re-assembled, is in the works of the previous owner flaws, over which currently working.
Possession of an old car — it's constant work on the perfection of the following events below are planned, completed work on the interior + exterior, replaced the front suspension to Gadget, conducted ICE audit planned clutch replacement and generally bring to the stock of the original (as possible) time is not limited to, so the work will not be executed hastily, the car on the move, my eyes, and others brings joy and pleasure from driving!
Read the logbook!
Everything will be published online the results of the work in next posts.
In Russia different years Bettles estimates not more than 150 cars.
We are few, but we love these machines!
Thank you subscribe and read the history of the automotive legends!
and... sorry for my english Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by antonb on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:24 am; edited 3 times in total
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Very nice, and welcome. Interesting history 😊
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Im Published here the original photo of my VW those years.
In the photo demonstrated the new technology introduced this year, such as the steering column is wrinkled. In general, car restoration doing based on this information.
"Red velvet" Limited Edition (Samtrot, color code LG3C) beetle was for West Germany in '84 it was released in 2600 and another 400 in 85 only with the engine 1200 cm3 model with 25 kW.
Otherness — a blue vinyl strips on the sides with flowers, Velour interior was red and blue stripes, door cards and including rugs were dark blue blue. Wheels have chromed rings. The radio can also be ordered as an option.
The price of this special edition Beetle in launched in September 1984, was 10,000-DM (deutsch marks).

My car a couple of years ago, showed on New Beetle presentation Smile

Then, my next steps:
Beetle after the previous owners carefully washed completely, at the same time drew attention to some details, which will continue to be restored / change.

As long as I make a list of improvements and spare parts to order, bug hibernates among monsters Smile

Repaint wheels:
Since the state of the steel disks were satisfactory, it was decided to complete their restoration.
He took the wheels including the spare repainted, guys well re-sended and painted. The result was satisfied!

Additional features:

Since the vehicle is not provided lighter, must somehow solve the problem, even primitive pump to pump up the wheel, not to mention the charge and other 12V consumers
Without harming the outer part of the car's cigarette lighter, and now added a cradle for iPhone in an ashtray full-time, as well as set the speakerphone JBL to connect with iphone in place of regular dynamics now and navigation and a speakerphone at hand.
The next step, I want to establish normal speakers (three-way) for blaupunkt old school audio and make the cigarette lighter connector and the circuit breaker weight under the rear passenger seat.

For Blaupunkt Manheim CC21 (1990), which has a yield of 2 to put the three-way 12w speakers (in stock is one column to the left on the dashboard) were better than single-band, certainly not hi-fi, but its task of listening to operate the radio. Set up your speakers on speaker shelf (made of plywood). For good reception, it is necessary to pull out the antenna to full and carefully adjust the knob that frequency. There is an automatic frequency control buttons, but on a dense frequency range does not work well. But when the lights light sound Stereo sound from two speakers "plague" Smile
But the sound of the radio is not the main thing, the main thing — to hear air-cooled boxer engine low speed, to feel the smell of old car and control it!

Fire Safety:

Since the car was completely absent outlet (cigarette lighter — although I do not smoke in the car) decided not spoils the appearance of the one set in the glove compartment, the second under the rear seat. Attach the breaker to the plastic mass is considered bad form, so it was designed mount for the installation of devices.
Everything turned out very nice and safe in terms of fire in the event of long-term storage of cars.

To be continued...
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

antonb wrote:

To be continued...

Beautiful Bug, Antonb, I'll be following your story. Can you post a picture of how this is wired under the seat? I have this same switch and would like to install it.

Thanks,

Victor

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Super cool interior and front bumper with integrated signals. Nice history Wink
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

That's just a battery cut off switch. It can be spliced into either the positive or negative battery cable. I prefer the negative lead, in case the leads come loose there is no arcing. I've got one installed in the same location.
No offense to OP but suggest you use a metal body switch, the plastic ones are flimsy. You usually have to get an additional cable to have enough to route correctly.
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Nice bug--and I love the story.

Your English is fine. I have no trouble understanding you.

So, there are only 150 Beetles in all of Russia? How do you get parts? Here in California, we have many VW parts stores and vendors. In fact, there is a nice one (Wolfgang International) here in my town. However, it can be difficult to find certain parts, nonetheless.

Do you drive the bug in winter? You didn't say where in Russia you were, so I hope you're living closer to Europe where it's not as cold and snowy as Siberia.

I love the idea of the iPhone pod in the ashtray.

Keep sending pictures.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

vamram wrote:

Beautiful Bug, Antonb, I'll be following your story. Can you post a picture of how this is wired under the seat? I have this same switch and would like to install it.

Thanks,

Victor

Yes, I will do it later - tomorrow, becauase the car far away from my current location.

Next step - "hidden bug"

Even standing in the underground parking around decent wheelbarrows Beetle attracts people, especially children, in a couple of months + dust is covered in prints of children's hands. People take photo with bug.
Now it is hidden from the attention of the neighbors Smile

Installing new whindshield

Having spent no little time, finally found the windshield. The main problem caused aluminum moldings and locks. Moldings lived their lives and are constantly coming out of the groove in the area of ​​the castle, as a result of spending a few, have achieved results, to whom very satisfied. Many people try to avoid bugs owners moldings as plastic, metal and especially, but we are not a barrier! Come complicated by the sake of beauty!
Quality gum Hoffman-speedster good, but the locks and moldings taken a lot of "fun", and, as well as erasing stickers / labels from the glass.

Installing New original headlights

We replaced headlamp HELLA H4 (65W) and configured.
Light has become much more interesting, all the same, and more powerful, and lamp reflector with glass later.
Old headlight 40W rotted in terms of adjustments and appearance, restore them made no sense.

Rear window install and some additional cases

-Installed Vents in the rear rack (with whom did not bother the previous owner), as well as cleaned up wiring heated rear window, which was on the line Clem "slepleno" and it is not clear on what the wire.
-Just Replaced the fuses 8 and 9-10 ampere fuse 16 ampere according to regular consumers.

Painted gear shift lever
Cleaned and lubricated slide front seats and guides on the seats.
Installed new hub of the front seats (quality plugs / plastic from Paruzzi is poor). On the whole mechanism of the Nazis is too simplified, it could be done in something more reliable.
Installed new heating vents in the feet, the old had cracked.
Installed and filled as expected new housing handbrake and stove.
Installed new auxiliary loops and hooks.
Replace the air filter
Installed new hoses: crankcase ventilation, all vacuum tubes were spliced ​​from the previous composite hoses and sometimes snotty.
Do not come down today to hand a box of fresh air (air intake in the trunk), touch-up chips, as later began to work next week finish.
Well, as usual ten laps of 250 meters karting for underground parking.

Today on the agenda were:
Installation of new lampshades rear and front optics turnlights (Hella), as well as their rubber seals, old optics was a whole, but 30 years, and the sun made it not much faded and muddy, actually optics — car eyes, they should be young Smile
Under the chrome rings of the front headlamps, stacked gum that not all beetles meet Smile
Installing the rear pillar ventilation grilles.
Install a rubber boot on the manual transmission.
Installing new heating pipes from the engine cooling heat exchangers to the impeller, the old ones were shabby and not fit snugly, the following third pipe defroster on the air filter will change in the next week, sold by the meter, these connections are not immediately realized order of several meters.
A new windshield washer nozzles, replaced by a rubber pipe, the order does not direct in the front luggage compartment with wires and hoses, as 6 meters corrugations soon come sending mail, as a result of the ventilation system in the interior of the tees will be like from the factory!
Now there glued hoses, some 30 years crumble in your hands and warm air from the fan ventilation passing through the exhaust system heat exchanger is supplied through the rapids to the tee in the bulkhead, and it flows away from the pressure of the joints and leaky hoses leaking under the trunk lid.
Change the gasket mechanical fuel pump.
Exposing more clearly with the help of a stroboscope ignition timing.
Well, how hard is busy with the machine, it is low, it is necessary to "pray" to kneel and other difficult poses Smile All the same it easier to remove the engine and do everything on the removed unit …

Completed the work in the underground parking in the part of the visual highlights.
The last parcel arrived with a bunch of corrugated pipes of different diameters and their connection and the strengthening of air mixers made much sweat.
As a result, given in the order:
-Air intake regulators from the street, valves, cables;
Corrugated pipes have been laid by the fan and cooling outputs of thresholds for supply of warm air from the rear of the car on the windshield — this is the most complicated process, firstly the absence of the stove caused a hose system engineers to come up with each deflector, and gather it together especially cheerful process.
Replaced the water supply hose to the windshield, set the washer nozzle.
Place your order with the electrical wiring (contacts) in the front, all that can be packed in corrugated, rest purely "Bug`s CAN-Bus" Wink to the relay and fuse remained as before, nothing here did not do so at the factory.
Made and stitched cover luggage compartment.
Bought technological Stickers (tire pressure, mains voltage, the label on the ignition)
Touched up the parking brake lever, tensioned cables.
Tinted small chips.

To be continued soon...
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Nice bug--and I love the story.

Your English is fine. I have no trouble understanding you.

So, there are only 150 Beetles in all of Russia? How do you get parts? Here in California, we have many VW parts stores and vendors. In fact, there is a nice one (Wolfgang International) here in my town. However, it can be difficult to find certain parts, nonetheless.

Do you drive the bug in winter? You didn't say where in Russia you were, so I hope you're living closer to Europe where it's not as cold and snowy as Siberia.

I love the idea of the iPhone pod in the ashtray.

Keep sending pictures.

Tim

Thanks!
Yes, about 150 bugs in different conditions, on wheels about 100 maybe.
I know in CA you have about 20 vw classic stores! Its greate, but China filled not so good quality parts to California too Sad.
In all parts of Russia Federation no problem with post/internet Wink and situation the same in European part of RU +1-2 week for post conditions. And Siberia the same as Alaska for climate/roads etc Wink
Parts we get from all over the world by post, dhl, ups etc.
I prefer parts from Germany (hoffmann-speedster.de, volkswagen-classic-parts.de), Holland (paruzzi.com), France (mecatechnik.com), UK (vwheritage.com.uk) stocks (because shipping have a little bit low price Wink
From US: of course its cockertyre.com for new tyres and some Ebay shops/sellers for individual items.
No way, I do not use car in winter time, because too much NaCL de-ice reagents on roads. If you need to transport the bug we are using a tow truck

two weeks ago on clip shooting in Moscow center park

dirty snow, dust and de-ice NaCL reagents, Thanks God, You can not see it terrible in California Wink

Thanks for Iphone feature, its not the end Wink in next posts I will show you how to implement AUX to vintage audio Blaupunkt!
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Very nice Bug and a great story.
Good to see some enthusiasts in Russia too!
Keep up the excellent work!

Last edited by Maddel on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:38 am; edited 2 times in total
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

TX-73 wrote:
That's just a battery cut off switch. It can be spliced into either the positive or negative battery cable. I prefer the negative lead, in case the leads come loose there is no arcing. I've got one installed in the same location.
No offense to OP but suggest you use a metal body switch, the plastic ones are flimsy. You usually have to get an additional cable to have enough to route correctly.

Yes, I used negative lead, I will do some photos tomorrow how it looks under rear seat.

New old audio

With the existing currently in the beetle Retro Cassette Model 1990, it was decided to return the look of the mid-80s in the car to match the age of the car.
The long search for rare, but at the same time runoff recorder (many versions of beetles, they staged additional option) has found a unique, rare, model 1983 Blaupunkt Mannheim 23, especially because of its large Knobs very fit panel Beetle.
Long hunt on ebay worldwide for this model it has borne fruit.
The result was absolutely serviceable, documentation, and even all the music charts.
In the mid-80s in the beetles were set the same Blaupunkt as their options are already installed in Germany at the arrival of cars in the port of Emden, only the radio function and less tape (how to plant it was Braunschweig II), they were decorated with chrome, and a year later all appeared in the line of LCD displays Blau and within a few years, even with an analog memory.
My cassette — this is a positive history of classic while still popular very Unit, although premium Cassette Becker put on a Mercedes in full even since the early 70s, but Becker — is the premium segment of those years that cheap Beetle and their owners the 80th could not afford.
So with this unit is planned as follows:
— Fully carry out prevention device.
— Add to the preamp channels signal from iphone (see the topic in the block about gadgets) and a card reader for reading digital mp3 format, it is natural in appearance, nothing will change, possibly add an additional amplifier to two stereo outputs, as the new recorder can play 2h10W, so that soldering WILL !
But more about that later, time is needed for the project Smile

Implementing AUX

In my car VW Kafer 1984 installed old Blaupunkt 1983/84 have next features:
FM / AM / ARI
2x10W two outputs Stereo.
Adjusting the tone and balance.
All is good, but the time has passed the magnetic films, and radio can get bored on the road — decided to add a functional line-in function is not trimming the regular radio to play music from Iphone cradle which is already in an ashtray.
Most people on the Internet will post its implementation of this idea by "amputation" function playback of cassettes in different ways, I did not want to go this way.
As a result, follow these steps:
Purchased — PCB elements, input jack, belt harness, relay, transistor, resistor and diode.
Selected to activate AUX nominal ARI button and its indicator — orange LED.
ARI from it. "Autofahrer Rundfunk Information" — help the driver in difficult conditions, so to speak, "about a parent" the RDS, the system worked from 1974 to 2008 in Germany), which is now nowhere to be functioning. Accordingly, to control the AUX input, for that was soldered unit switching radio channels and AUX with the obligatory orange LED backlit full-time to understand the current regime.
When you turn on the radio or cassette (barely found for testing) — full-time working scheme is supplied to the tone block and an output amplifier signal, pressing a button connected ARI line input, via relay enters the tone block and an output amplifier.
The challenge was to find a control signal using the ARI button switch as the input control transistor should have been supplied from 3 to 6 volts, this signal was found and involved the switching unit.
The control unit is assembled on a separate circuit board and mounted on the radio body using fasteners for fixing the top cover (red arrow in the photo).
staffing hole in the hull was used to set the line input connector.
As a result of the cradle in the ashtray will send a signal (music, Internet radio, exit handsfree sound Na'vi) through a pair of speakers mounted back on the shelf under the glass.
Just held prevention and audit tape mechanism (washed with isopropyl alcohol and lubricated with silicone grease).
Everything works, the recorder is ready to install on cars to replace the existing one, which is available for sale in the near future.

Link

Link

antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Maddel wrote:
Very nice Bug and a great story.
Good to see some enthusiasts in Russia too!
Keep up the excellent work!

Vielen Dank!
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Check out this: http://www.fusselshop.de/product_info.php?info=p87...b44812c6f4
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Maddel wrote:
Check out this: http://www.fusselshop.de/product_info.php?info=p87...b44812c6f4

Danke! I know about flowers and vynil lines in stock in some DE stores, But I do not want to add it - because in 1984 it was modern and now looks like barbie's car Smile

My car in Deutschland in 2010.

Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

antonb wrote:
Danke! I know about flowers and vynil lines in stock in some DE stores, But I do not want to add it - because in 1984 it was modern and now looks like barbie's car Smile

Well... My first thought was "may be he don't like the look of the stickes"...
So I was right! Very Happy
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Maddel wrote:
antonb wrote:

Well... My first thought was "may be he don't like the look of the stickes"...
So I was right! Very Happy

Yes, you are right, but in Germany exist Samtroter club Wink
http://samtroter77.beepworld.de/

Okay, let`s see next my steps with bug:
Installing new running boards

In view of the fact that the beetle were relatives 30 years rusty and poorly converted stage (see first photo) bought new in Holland with 18 mm molding and rubber.
Quality moldings, certainly different from the factory, but the factory was not an option to leave, they are a little deformed, have seen life in general.
They took on 88 put glue gum bubbles otherwise would be and put in regular places, the bottom additional stone chip protection and moldings were processed covered with transparent varnish.
Parallel between the case until stage dried up, painted, new brake drums from ATE vendor thermal paint for the brake calipers, the factory went just silver for iron (which are made from drums) saw water quickly take a rusty color.

Painting new drums[b]

First spring 2016 travel:

Then, some cosmetic moments, new light knobs, new clips and rubber bands for doors cards, interior light, seals for handles and hood.

coming soon...

antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Front axle restoration

With the onset of warm days and obtain spare parts went to work on the renewal of the front suspension.
It was made as follows:
— remove the front bar front suspension tipped and re-painted;
— Replaced the tie rods and steering knuckles
— Replace O-ring on the front torsion;
— Torsion bars washed and pressed the new lubricant;
— Replace seals on the torsion bar;
— Carry out the replacement of the front shock absorbers and all the rubber bushings.
— Replaced rubber sleeve stabilizer front axle;

The next stage will complete the replacement of all tips of steering drafts (although existing in good condition).
Adjusting the steering gear (remove backlash). Replacing the hub bearings and front brake flaps (pesochit and paint them more expensive than buying new ones).
Replacing the rear axle (gum, bushings, ammo, etc.) and a circle brakes (drums, pads, drums rab.tsilindry and other attributes) with the exception of the master cylinder and hoses are in good condition.

Steering and front brakes restoration

All work is planned for completion in the last time, but the state of steering tips and drafts left much to be desired, as there were no front hub bearings (which is also the brake drum) decided to order the bearings and bushings, etc. from Germany. Here come part and finally brought the work to its logical conclusion, namely:
1. Replacing brake drums ATE brand (old so developed that the previous owner of this production cleaned grinder, and pads are welded corners)
2. Replacement of bushings, bearings and seals the front hubs.
3. Replace the front working cylinders ATE brand
4. Replacement pads (standing TRW, replaced the ATE)
5. Replace the brake pads with new ones, old blasted and primed meaning there was no cavity rye capital.
springs, fasteners.
6. Spin the front brake circuit
7. cleaned, primed and painted with tie rods
8. Have all 4 new steering tips, old barely overpowered by heating with a horrible "arm" with a pipe, there was a possibility that you can kill the craving, but lucky, apparently no one he has never changed Sad
9. Since there were no staff on the muffler clamps, it is a little "hooking", set collars and the problem disappeared.
10. Well glycol tank front shot, the bonus changed the fuel filter.

The next step, a full audit rear suspension and brakes, missing just a few items of spare parts worth 500 euros, will be booked in the next week and a couple of weeks will continue to have the rear suspension and brakes, everything is much easier!

So, breezing in 3D similarity collapse after the repair has been completed front suspension, wheels exhibited on the "eye" (of the photo).
Unfortunately, since it is not carried out the modernization of the rear suspension (planned in the near future), works on the front only.
Excellent fresh, modern equipment and staff that understands how to make the adjustment wheel alignment on the beetles.

The last time was unable to resolve the issue with caster front axle it was nearly one degree. After replacement of steering tips and prevention steering rods managed without any shims under the beam being played with the suspension bolts to bring the performance razvada / toe in green values, and most importantly the caster (see photo in gray on the middle sector).

antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

Today the weather was perfect the first half of the day and there was a need to carry out pumping the brakes, as the pedal is grasped by the second and later a third time … (The problems began as the front brakes were replaced entirely), and we go to the event and race retro VW Festival 100 km from Moscow
As a result, twice walked through the "back / front, " pedal has become not much better.
Well, since with the brakes did not work, although hopes are not particularly kept, just washed the car, using the chemistries washed ICE touched up minor chips (yes, yes, yes, we need polishing, arises somewhere planned to take professionals), at the same time chrome autosol-th refresh), lubricated rubber door seals with silicone, replaced gum under the door handles, removed the cricket caused chatter thrust open the door, replaced plugs and clips of fastening the door card.

And we are ready to VW Festival 2016 Wink

Today FauVi participated in the festival. Ten years of the event, people were 5000+.
As usual, no offense to owners of modern cars interested retro.
Yes there were excellent MK1 taip socks and 3, there was one Oval beetle 50s "on style", which is contrary to my logic.
The day passed about 250 km, we ate a quarter tank, dispersed by not more than 95 mass likes Smile, billion photos … This is particularly satisfied today!

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13327030_794680350632337_1755538307_n.mp4

coming soon...
TX-73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

I've enjoyed following this, what a great car Red Bug
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: My VW Käfer, 1984 "Samtroter Sonderkäfer" Reply with quote

TX-73 wrote:
I've enjoyed following this, what a great car Red Bug

Thanks Sir!
Therefore continue:
Installing new main brake cyllinder
The brakes of the cars were useless once climbed to change front brakes on the new, they all disappeared.
Today, a new set of main brake cyl. the brakes have become much better, in addition, brought pads, bleed the brake system. The next step change the rear brakes on new and test real effective of drum brakes Smile

Restoration of rear brakes and bearings.

Today, justice has been done, brakes appears.
The fact that the previous owner is not particularly steamed himself, put the front working cylinders on the rear, on brake drums, which are similar to plant the car has not changed, and tune with metall cutter part of cutting production. One cuff leaking cylinder.
In general as the key 36 and the pipe is not bought back after the purchase did not look, but in vain.
As a result, all including gaskets and seals replaced (in terms of drums, pads and cylinder is ATE, the rest of the Hoffman-Speedster), the bearings are in good condition, although there are new, but the half-line did not remove and change them, anthers semiaxes new, and oil was not at hand.
As a result of the semi-axes it spilled about 800 grams. hypoid grease from the tranny. We topped off new LiquieMoli SAE80 GL-4 tranny oil.
Rear hose replaced later in next year, when I change the rubber and inducing torsion in the rear of the coupling pin.

Not effective brake linings work as you can see.

Unexpected trouble with the car

While I am on vacation bug is resting at the parking.
I decided to go, looking for some, it does not confidently holds idling, stalling, speed below 700 … In the end, I poured candles, twisted — dry. Another attempt to make — and a pleasant feeling, gas sneaker fell to the floor — apparently a rope came to an end (given that in the tubes, which are full of grease in the frame)

The final touch, many condemned to LED-bulbs in parking lights, I changed in the usual yellow 4 watt.

Who will be the time Let us deep repair rear suspension and needed a little restore marafet below the fuel tank (there must be rid of old paint, clean places surface rust and safety anti-rust paing), as well as replace the seals of radical bearings, clutch assembly (but it is necessary to remove the engine to understand how big flywheel 180 or 200 mm (engine code D-128**** 1974 year), to the previous owner's hand is not reached, the clutch but I do not really like how it works, does not produce any noise, but it will replace, and will set the correct pedal, now in the beginning of the catches.
Generally work is still in store, the whole garage packed with new parts Smile do not have much time, so really need 5 days off, or 10 calendar to all scheduled to perform … Such is the modest schedule of events Smile stretch for a couple of years? It is unlikely to succeed, as soon as the hands are no longer smell the grease again want "something to unscrew" Smile

to be continued Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: