Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Well done! The video looked very professional, Anton.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Well done videos.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Well done! The video looked very professional, Anton.

Tim

thanks bro!
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:
Well done videos.

thanks!
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Anton, I went to a VW show & shine this past Saturday, and there was a guy there who owned a 2003 Mexican Beetle. He had never heard of your car before, so he looked it up. In Mexico they called it by a different name. It was something like "Red Velvet".

Tim

Richard O'Brien
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Anton, I went to a VW show & shine this past Saturday, and there was a guy there who owned a 2003 Mexican Beetle. He had never heard of your car before, so he looked it up. In Mexico they called it by a different name. It was something like "Red Velvet".

Tim

Samtroter kafer means the same such as Velvet Red on english Wink
In mexico nobody knows about this model (except VW`s workers in city Puebla) Wink because did not use it, all 3000 cars were exported to western Germany customers.
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Hi,
there was actually a Mexican Special Edition sold around the same time which was Alpine White and had the stripes of the Silver Bug Special Edition, furthermore used the same seats as the Samtrote Sonderkäfer:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

alex857 wrote:
Hi,
there was actually a Mexican Special Edition sold around the same time which was Alpine White and had the stripes of the Silver Bug Special Edition, furthermore used the same seats as the Samtrote Sonderkäfer:

http://www.sebeetles.com/commemorative_84/

Mexican Edition commemorating 30 years of Volkswagen in Mexico (1954-1984).
‘The model was available in two colours, the first was Volkswagen Alpine White with black stripes at the bottom and a Red Velvet upholstery with sides and backs in Black vinyl inside. The second was Volkswagen Yellow with Yellow Velvet upholstery with side, back and white vinyl interior panels’ – translated from Volkswagen Mexico.
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Next one video from autumn meeting.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9htB/iuzkirQm2

Just click play button!
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Nice! How did you get the elevated shot of the green bug as it was moving?

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

antonb wrote:
Next one video from autumn meeting.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9htB/iuzkirQm2

Just click play button!

Very nice vid Sir! And that's a cool gang there... Cool
If my mind serves correctly you are sort of a digital media designer?

Tim Donahoe wrote:
How did you get the elevated shot of the green bug as it was moving?

I guess they used a RC drone...
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Yes, u r right!
with DJI Phantom RC drone we did it.
Sorry, but I do not know which program guys used to edit video film.
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Nice! How did you get the elevated shot of the green bug as it was moving?

Tim

Tim, its very clear, selfie stick and Drone, we used it in No Fly Zone (cuz too much federal security links on Moscow State University) Wink But we did it well with a little bit conversation with Road Police only, Police did not allowed us to parking on some free squares with issues of some crazy security cases.
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Hello to everybody! Once a year the car should present to me a surprise. Last year, the accelerator pedal cable was torn, and in this year I closed the season and driving without charging the battery, paying no attention to the non-burning Gen/Alt. lamp. The car regularly behaved for a total of 7 hours, with the included voltage and a lot of starter launches. The last minutes entering the garage voltage was too low and parking lights shining very dimly Smile
As a result, check the circuit from the control lamp and up to the generator, the opinion has stopped on the relay of the regulator (which is inside the generator) or the diode bridge.
Carbon brushes with sufficiently strong wear, the microchip can not be tested, therefore:
I found replica of Bosch (Mobiletron brand) and installed it you can see comparison between them, and the charging returned! It's good that I did not have to disassemble the generator to replace the diodes.

Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Nice job.

I just replaced my alternator. I pulled the engine to do it. All is well now.

However, a few weeks later, the alternator bulb connection in the speedometer was working off and on. When the bulb didn't light, my alternator wouldn't start changing, so I replaced the bulb with a Hella brand, as well as a new light socket.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Nice job.

I just replaced my alternator. I pulled the engine to do it. All is well now.

However, a few weeks later, the alternator bulb connection in the speedometer was working off and on. When the bulb didn't light, my alternator wouldn't start changing, so I replaced the bulb with a Hella brand, as well as a new light socket.

Tim

yes Tim, it was in my case Wink
then I read manual and found the roblem in regulator/brushes.
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Autumn colors.
The weather today in Moscow is dry and almost frosty, it's time for ride the Bug on Sunday.
Carried out a small repair for the electric in dashboard, adjusted the position of the furnace, checked the oil and brake fluid, inspected the car from below for leaks.
Next week they promise a snow, so I'll wash the beetle and put it to winter until April.
Have a nice day!

antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Season 2018 is opened!!! Today in Moscow dry weather with -1 degrees of Celsius and so windy looks like April, but we have no problem with summer tires driving in Moscow city center, then spa procedures in the car wash and return to "underground base".

antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Have a nice day!
Till New Year's holidays I ordered from the Netherlands a little portion of original (NOS) parts for my Bug.

Today I unpacked, as a result we have:
— steering reducer (TRW brand)
— a washer reservoir with the motor (OEM VAG)
— fuel sensor (VDO)
— small parts such as bench hammer casing, fuses... etc
— expendables parts for each oil service: gaskets, fuel filters.

The steering gearbox which is available on the car is ok and it regularly works, but the wheel heavy and in it is problems, it dry, in it isn't present lubricant, gasket for gearbox broken and … and I have no desire to restore it.
The washer reservoir now from some Volkswagen now and it occupies a trunk, this tank accurately lays down in a body and doesn't eat so the small available place in a luggage carrier.
The fuel sensor the former owner used not the original which was oxidized (no possible to restore it) and more than once discrepancy in measurement of a fuel level in a tank was noticed, it is better to put expensive, but qualitative thing, especially it is the most difficult of three available sensors in a car.
Other small things for next oil-service.
All spare parts with delivery from Holland to Russia/Moscow cost about 600 EUR.
We will start restore works soon, we will make a part of works in this winter in my underground parking.

alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Russian VW Käfer restoration, Mex, 1984 Samtroter Sonderkäfer Reply with quote

Hi Anton,
great pictures you are always posting, thanks! The windshield washer reservoir you bought ist very nice, but you also might consider installing the "original" one with elecrical pump made in Japan which was built in your Samtroter Sonderkäfer. It is a square shaped plastic reservoir stripped to the spare wheel; visible here in the background (sorry for the crappy photo of my fathers Samtroter Sonderkäfer):

Unfortunately I don´t know a source as new but every now and then you find one on the swap markets.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: