Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help , I need a SMALL sink **** It's Finished****
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Help , I need a SMALL sink **** It's Finished**** Reply with quote

I am trying to locate a SMALL sink to fit into a VW project .
Can anyone help me locate a 4 or 5 inch deep and 7 to 10 inch round or square sink ....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery

Last edited by grandpa pete on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

One of these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/stainless-steel-sink-drain-basket/73377 plus a stainless mixing bowl from the $ store would do if you have a hole saw, or if square is more your style hit the restaurant supply store for a 1/2 or 1/4 size steam table tray.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
One of these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/stainless-steel-sink-drain-basket/73377 plus a stainless mixing bowl from the $ store would do if you have a hole saw, or if square is more your style hit the restaurant supply store for a 1/2 or 1/4 size steam table tray.

Thankyou ; great option if no one comes up with what I want . Smile
the camping world drain will help either way

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

RV supply stores

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

grandpa pete wrote:
I am trying to locate a SMALL sink to fit into a VW project .
Can anyone help me locate a 4 or 5 inch deep and 7 to 10 inch round or square sink ....

I have a 12"round sink 5" deep that is surplus to me. It's yours for $20 postage. It's stainless steel, but dirty and a few rust spots. It will clean up OK. Send me a PM with your address if you want it. PM me your email if you want pictures.

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

Pete, something like this?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1675081
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

If the sink babysnakes shows works for you, I have one just sitting in my stash. It has the drain attached as shown in the photo. I'm happy to pay it forward - just let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
If the sink babysnakes shows works for you, I have one just sitting in my stash. It has the drain attached as shown in the photo. I'm happy to pay it forward - just let me know.

great offer thankyou !!
Can I push my luck and ask for measurements Embarassed especially the total height including drain ; space is very limited . Smile
and I wouldn't want to take anything that someone else could use .
I am putting running water and a stove under the hood of a very modified " bug "

andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

Its 14-5/8" long x 9-1/2" wide. These measurements are to the outside of the lip. The hole would be about 1/2" less in each dimension. Depth is 4" below the top of the counter (accounting for the lip on top). The drain sticks down about 1-3/4 below that (to the bottom of the threads). It is exactly like the one in the photo and came out of my bus Big Emma.

I also have the little faucet that it had. It has a little toggle on/off to connect to an electric pump.
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

pm sent Very Happy Very Happy

Sink too big but faucet will help .

Really like Busdaddys restaurant steam table tray idea . Smile

mikedjames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

Stainless steel pet food bowls ? A large dog bowl might fit.
Punch a hole in the bottom for a drainer. A bit of peening around the hole with a hammer to create a lip so the drain fitting is at the lowest point of the sink.
Fit a small diameter sink drainer from an RV store.

1974 VW T2 : Devon Eurovette camper with 1641 DP T1 engine, Progressive carb, full flow oil cooler, EDIS crank timed ignition.
Engine 1: 40k miles (rocker shaft clip fell off), Engine 2: 30k miles (rebuild, dropped valve). Engine 3: a JK Preservation Parts "new" engine, aluminium case: 26k miles: new top end.
Gearbox rebuild 2021 by Bears.

1979 Westerly GK24 24 foot racer/cruiser yacht Forethought of Gosport.
1973 wooden Pacer sailing dinghy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

mikedjames wrote:
Stainless steel pet food bowls ? A large dog bowl might fit.
Punch a hole in the bottom for a drainer. A bit of peening around the hole with a hammer to create a lip so the drain fitting is at the lowest point of the sink.
Fit a small diameter sink drainer from an RV store.

Another great idea !!!! Very Happy thanks .....and .....I have a big pet center right up the street....I'm going looking tomorrow Laughing
Sorry busdaddy ; The steam table tray was a great option but I wasn't thrilled with the square cornered sink.. Rolling Eyes

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

grandpa pete wrote:
Sorry busdaddy ; The steam table tray was a great option but I wasn't thrilled with the square cornered sink.. Rolling Eyes

Don't worry, I'm over it already Razz

If you have a 3/4" socket set and a press you can add the recess before cutting the hole out, use an oversize socket underneath and a smaller one that just fits into it above, you may want to drill a pilot hole and draw some rings to get them centered over each other first. 2 short sections of muffler pipe would also do it.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
grandpa pete wrote:

Don't worry, I'm over it already Razz

If you have a 3/4" socket set and a press you can add the recess before cutting the hole out, use an oversize socket underneath and a smaller one that just fits into it above, you may want to drill a pilot hole and draw some rings to get them centered over each other first. 2 short sections of muffler pipe would also do it.

You have amazed me again with your wealth of knowledge !!!
great idea !!! Laughing

I went to pet smart online ....many sizes to choose from in stainless ; taking a tape measure with me tomorrow Laughing Laughing

I even found a 90 degree 1 1/2 inch drain online Very Happy Very Happy

grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink Reply with quote

WOOF WOOF !! Laughing
I have a small sink !!!
10 inch round ; 4 inches deep ...$9.98
Ordered low profile 90 degree drain basket today and the faucet is coming in the mail ( thankyou samba member andrewtf )

I'll post a photo of finished kitchen countertop with the sink and stove when it is completed .THANK YOU EVERYONE

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink * FOUND IT !!* Reply with quote

Pete, you should drill the whole in a way that you leave the paw print on it Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink * FOUND IT !!* Reply with quote

progress ;
I got a pm today that the faucet is on it's way Very Happy Very Happy
The original plan was to have the stove in the back but the depth of the sink and drain changed all that .

Last edited by grandpa pete on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink * FOUND IT !!* Reply with quote

There was someone here a few years ago with a custom interior and a similar bowl, they didn't bother with the drain and just left the bowl loose to lift out and dump to empty, if you went that route the job looks like it's done right now.

Слава Україні!
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink * FOUND IT !!* Reply with quote

But I've still got to get the 12x15 cutting board and attach it to the round cutout so it can sit in the sink when I need counter space then I have to add faucet , formica , edge binding ,ac wiring , kitchen light , backsplash and drain... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Help , I need a SMALL sink **** It's Finished**** Reply with quote

It's finished ; thankyou all for the help doing this ....

Cutting board fits into the sink ;

67ctbug ; here's your pawprint Laughing Laughing
andrewtf ; thankyou for the faucet ..

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: