Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear wheel bearing
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

I just checked and the listing is still there if you want to check it out. Bob
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

titan3c wrote:
There is four of them listed on here in the parts section, and I bought them. They were new old stock still in the original boxes still lubricated and wrapped. Also included the races. Very reasonable price----all four for $20.00. Bob

Thats a great deal! Get them Bob!

Also bear in mind....they may not come with outer races. Many times you need to buy those separate .

Wait....just looked. They show the outer race....great deal!

Oh....when you get them....wash,them in solvent ASAP and oil with ATF fof storage if you are not going to install them now. Looking at that oil they are just at the limit of time for starting to rust.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

I did buy them and should receive them in a few days. Thanks for the advice to clean and store them. I don't intend to install them now, but will later when I can get some help, and the weather is a little warmer. My shop building isn't heated. Bob
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

I just got around to unwrapping these bearings, and they look pretty good. What should I use as a solvent to clean them? Also will just storing them submerged in a plastic container of ATF be ok? Bob
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

titan3c wrote:
I just got around to unwrapping these bearings, and they look pretty good. What should I use as a solvent to clean them? Also will just storing them submerged in a plastic container of ATF be ok? Bob

The best thing to clean bearings with is a fast evaporating carburetor cleaner like Berrymans B-12. But...any good mineral spirit will do....especially if you are then going to store them submerged in ATF...which is perfect for storage.

You can clean them with xylene/paint thinner....then blow them mostly dry with compressed air. If the bearings came with the outer race...rare in the last 20 years with most brands. I zip tie them to their outer race and store them in ATF. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rear wheel bearing Reply with quote

OK---thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: