Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

Attention engine builders. I need some guidance on how this cam shaft should be applied.

Thoughts on this cam, what would it be ideal for? Would the note "1466 - Hydr." be an indication that it requires hydraulic lifters?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by ebennett on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

it does not say if the duration is at lash or at .050, and I'm not sure which one it would be Shocked

what is stamped on the cam?
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

Just phone CB Performance. It's their cam, and their customer service is great.

brad
ebennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

modok wrote:
it does not say if the duration is at lash or at .050, and I'm not sure which one it would be Shocked

what is stamped on the cam?

I updated the original post with images of the cam but not sure if they are relevant

slalombuggy wrote:
Just phone CB Performance. It's their cam, and their customer service is great.

brad

I think that is exactly what I will do!
midtravelmidengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

DAMN!! that is a PEAKY cam lobe Shocked Shocked Laughing

youngnstudly wrote:
I just wasn't sure if I should recommend the 1/3 race cam, the 1/2 race cam, or the 5/8 race cam instead...guess it depends on how much of the race he wants to lead???
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

midtravelmidengine wrote:

That's what I noticed!
Ebennett- what's written on the end of the cam where the gear bolts up?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

Im not a fan of that kinda lobe, but they work......call cb, yup liiks to be a hyd cam, and a mild one at that.
fastfil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

midtravelmidengine wrote:

x2 Shocked Shocked Shocked
Careful you don't cut yourself on that lobe.
midtravelmidengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

If you end up not using the cam, at least you could mount a handle and split some wood Shocked

HAHAHAHAHA Laughing

youngnstudly wrote:
I just wasn't sure if I should recommend the 1/3 race cam, the 1/2 race cam, or the 5/8 race cam instead...guess it depends on how much of the race he wants to lead???
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

It says running clearance 0. Set valves at 0. Sounds kinda' like a hydraulic grind to me. Think

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

I used a web cam with lobes like that for a guy. he said everybody told him that was the beess knees or some shit...so....wtf it was his , if it died it was still his...that was 4 years or more ago, so apparently.. might work.
ebennett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

Pat Downs <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning Eric, That cam is an old hydraulic grind. I believe it was designed to be a stock replacement, just hydraulic instead of solid. The duation is advertised, not measured at .050. It has a very sharp nose and meant to be run with stock valve springs and a small diameter hydraulic lifter like a chevy or ford. I would not recommend using it with solid lifters. Hope this helps answer your questions..

I got my answer above

In addition, apparently you need to run this cam at an elevated RPM for a certain duration of time to break it in.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

ebennett wrote:
In addition, apparently you need to run this cam at an elevated RPM for a certain duration of time to break it in.

Pretty much SOP for all new cams.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

probably be ok with mild springs &ratio rockers to add a bit more gettitty up and went. I used some 1.4's on a hyd cam motor worked great.but it wasent that cam.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Eagle Racing Cams - 385 lift 252 degrees Reply with quote

That pointy of a cam would scare me! Looks like it's all done by 5000 RPM at best.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: