Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Found two nos seals for the manifold at the lakeland show, also two nice bumper bolts, the rear fender I needed in deep sea green, and a nice green case to boot! It was a great swap for sure!! @ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

good friend in OR had this deep sea green fasty in his backyard, hooked me up with the good guy purchase price and I drug it back to ATL this last trip in June to get me one step closer to getting the correct original paint fenders and doors for the build. this makes car #6 purchased to complete the right look for this squareback. I am yet to see a squareback painted this color, I feel this is a car that was painted from the factory with a fastback color. I have only seen 412's, fastbacks painted deep sea green to date....... @ratlookvw
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

In the mid 80's my dad had a 68 Square that was painted that color. I don't know whatever happened to that car, but it was sold sometime in 1986 in Oklahoma.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
In the mid 80's my dad had a 68 Square that was painted that color. I don't know whatever happened to that car, but it was sold sometime in 1986 in Oklahoma.

I purchased this very close to OK state line in AR maybe the same car? I know my friend who has been into t3's his whole life over 40 years has never seen another square painted this color online, in person, or anywhere..... I would love to see a PIC of another original paint square painted this color. Right now, I have the only one known. Twisted Evil
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

I purchased this very close to OK state line in AR maybe the same car? I know my friend who has been into t3's his whole life over 40 years has never seen another square painted this color online, in person, or anywhere..... I would love to see a PIC of another original paint square painted this color. Right now, I have the only one known. Twisted Evil

I can't remember if I have seen a Squareback but I have definitely seen a few Fastbacks.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bkeith85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing, that it was a cool color but I had only seen it on a couple of faded fastbacks. Since it was an available color in '68, I decided to paint my square Teifseegruin. I haven't painted it yet, still have a lot of bodywork to do, but I have bought some paint and sprayed some test panels.
It's a shame you don't see it more, it's a really pretty color.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

bkeith85 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, that it was a cool color but I had only seen it on a couple of faded fastbacks. Since it was an available color in '68, I decided to paint my square Teifseegruin. I haven't painted it yet, still have a lot of bodywork to do, but I have bought some paint and sprayed some test panels.
It's a shame you don't see it more, it's a really pretty color.

Cool 68 your building man! Hope to meet you at the t3 invasion in Alabama next year if not sooner!
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
ratlookvw wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

I can't remember if I have seen a Squareback but I have definitely seen a few Fastbacks.

Yes fastbacks are all I've seen painted this color for t3s as well. My buddy thinks this might have been a dealer display car for the showroom since it had all the factory and dealer options. Today I took the car to the paint booth for clear. I'll post pics once I get it out all shined up!!!
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

First coat of clear on base car...
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

I'll have to look thru the photo albums, and see if I have a pic of it.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
I'll have to look thru the photo albums, and see if I have a pic of it.

very cool! to date, this is the only one known original paint deep sea green pictured It seems to be a fastback color, not squareback. I am pretty sure this would have been special ordered to have a square painted this color. many thanks Bob! ratlookvw Twisted Evil
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Love it - Keep it up
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Pulled the pass rear fender and two doors from the Oregon fasty... also pulled the two front fenders from the California fasty. Need to roll a few dents out and then sand, then clear, sand, and polish. Car is off to headliner in the morning. Can't wait to see some glass back in the car!!!
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Pulled the pass rear fender and two doors from the Oregon fasty... also pulled the two front fenders from the California fasty. Need to roll a few dents out and then sand, then clear, sand, and polish. Car is off to headliner in the morning. Can't wait to see some glass back in the car!!!

Really looking forward to more pics of this car. Great job so far.
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dad23boys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Cool square I'll be keeping an eye on this since I'm looking into eventually putting A/C on my 72 FB. Happy restoring!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Picked up an nos wcm 68-69 dash pad from my friend Eric in SAC yesterday. Here are the pics fresh out of the bag!!!

ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Thank you Alex and Anthony for the new ISP t3 parts and Mario T3HQ for the correct NOS sunroof guides and cover plate plastics!!! Also Eric Deen for another WCM NOS dash from the 80s!!! @ratlookvw
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Thank you Alex and Anthony for the new ISP t3 parts and Mario T3HQ for the correct NOS sunroof guides and cover plate plastics!!! Also Eric Deen for another WCM NOS dash from the 80s!!! @ratlookvw

Really looking forward to more updates on this car. It's turning out great.
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: My deep sea green 1969 f/I automatic sunroof a/c gas heat Reply with quote

Heck Yes!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: