Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder...
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

No high performance engine parts were harmed in the making of this Christmas stocking holder!!! Its slightly heavy, but nice and stable.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

Very cool! Is that a bergman 82 stroker that makes up the bottom crank portion?
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

Good eye. Its a Bergman 84mm. I bought a whole engine real cheap from a trike guy. He bought it as a turnkey 2332cc from Bergman new. Only 1500 miles, and it seized a rod bearing with a chunk of something in the oil. It left one small shallow groove around one rod journal. I will polish it out and run it in one of my own experiment engines. The rest of that engine was a mismatched basket case. Hemi cut, non-ported heads, and I calculated 7.6:1 with a 110 cam. It might have made 100hp on a good day.

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Howard 111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

Be careful if you're really going to use it, and kids are involved.
mikaelh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

seems expensive.....=)
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

That thing will fall over and kill your pet. Laughing

Or heavens forbid hit your small child.

Get a tree man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: So the wife asked me to make a Christmas stocking holder... Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
That thing will fall over and kill your pet. Laughing

Or heavens forbid hit your small child.

Get a tree man.

Don't worry your little head.... Its sitting next to the tree, and the kids are very quick on their feet.

Its rather stable, and nobody is using it for gymnastics.

Brian
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: