Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just Kampers
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Just Kampers Reply with quote

Guys,
Some might say that this should be located in the buyer/seller feedback section but I thought you'd have a better chance of seeing it here.

I've recently bought a few items from them and was pleasantly surprised at how fast the shipping was. Something like 5 days from ordering to delivery.

I'd recommend checking their stuff out. Some is unique like the OEM looking tachometers and the billet heater levers.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

nice body repair panels too

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

Yup. Custom and Commercial, too.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Guys,
Some might say that this should be located in the buyer/seller feedback section but I thought you'd have a better chance of seeing it here.

I've recently bought a few items from them and was pleasantly surprised at how fast the shipping was. Something like 5 days from ordering to delivery.

I'd recommend checking their stuff out. Some is unique like the OEM looking tachometers and the billet heater levers.

How pricey is the shipping? What percent more would it cost in shipping vs. buying in the US locations?

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

you know, as long as its nothing too big (and if its big, they pretty much wont ship) its not that much more than stateside stuff. I want to say the last things got from them were actually cheaper than getting something from places who will only ship via UPS or fedex..which is kinda stupid, cuz at least 50% of the time it ends up getting delivered by the post office anyways.

I just bought a left and right side floor patch for my 73 and a battery tray (and all of this is OE thickness stuff) and the shipping was only 40 bucks.

everythign i have bought has been nice stuff. SOMETIMEs..bus depot has their stuff in, other times, not so much.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

Shipping prices? Higher but not that bad. I bought two of their OEM looking techs recently. Bus Depot wanted a whole lot more and even though the shipping was higher, the total cost was lower. They give tracking updates and shipping was pretty fast considering they are in Europe. I ordered new blue and red heater/air levers last week and they arrived in quick time. The ones I got are billet aluminum and blue and red anodized. I haven't been home so I haven't actually held them yet. Like I said, these guys have interesting products
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

http://www.justkampers.com/billet-aluminium-heater-lever-vw-t2-bay-1967-1973.html
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

I got my car cover from there. 16"X 16" X 20" box. Fair shipping and fast. I'm looking at ordering more from them. I'm happy with the quality of the stuff I got.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

Sounds like the shipping is very fair. I "think" I saw Just Campers in an episode of Wheeler Dealers.

I'll have to check them out. I know the British VW vendors appear to do a MUCH better job of reproducing many bay parts vs. the American vendors.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers. Good place to buy Reply with quote

I've always had a great experience buying from them.

Recently got a rear vent wing seal and frame. They make the frame and the seal is from Preservation Parts (UK). Both fantastic.

http://www.justkampers.com/221-847-655-rear-quarte...-1979.html

http://www.justkampers.com/221-847-673-a-opening-side-quarterlight-seal-vw-t2-1967-1979.html

They also are the only vendor I've seen carry the main 90mm heater tube that runs under the bus.
http://www.justkampers.com/heater-tube-for-all-vw-t2-bay-1972-1979.html

All 3 of those shipped to California for $23.36

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
mark d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers Reply with quote

thks for the heads up

"what good are tractors without violins ?" jose figueres
Kiwi1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Kampers Reply with quote

Purchased rear CSP/Sebro brake drums for my 69 bus from their Austrailian shop- real quality product, beautifully machined very well packaged and guy on phone very helpful. Fast shippimg at a readonable price Cheers guys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: