Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need an interpretation please!
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: I need an interpretation please! Reply with quote

I'm well versed in VW-ese but I'm lost when it comes to the water pumpers. I'm looking at a GTI to buy. Its the base model - I understand that part since I've done some extensive research. I found one for sale locally. It's been modified some and I have no idea what the worth of those parts and mods are to the base value of the car - a 2008 with DSG.

Here's the list of parts & mods:

Upgrades:
Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake
BSH Oil Catchcan (Replaces the stock PCV valve that is known to break)
NewSouth Boost Gauge
Volkswagen Euro Switch
LED Interior and License Plate Lights
APR Stage 2 Tune (~245 hp, ~300 tq. Stock = 200 hp, 265 tq; Fully-Programmed and will include programming information)
42DD 3" Turboback Exhaust
18" Charleston GTI Wheels (Exclusive to 2007 Fahrenheit Edition GTI/GLI, TDI Jetta Cup Edition vehicles)
225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 All-Season Tires
Thule Roof Rack with Two Bike Attachments
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs gapped to 0.28 for the tune
Upgraded ECS Red Coilpacks
Oil Filler neck delete

So - what does it all mean value wise? The guy is asking $8500 obo. Retail book is $7200-9500. Other than a few minor cosmetic issues the car is in great shape.

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I need an interpretation please! Reply with quote

Most of the time, mods don't add much value to car. So "book value" is out the window, unless you are looking for a car with mods. And was car driven hard with said mods or are they there cause owner had $$ burning hole in pocket.

So, what wasn't answered in your other post on what I'm assuming is the same car?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I need an interpretation please! Reply with quote

How's this for interpretation?

"I spent too much money trying to impress my Asian car driving buddies & want to get as much of my money back but can't return it to stock because I threw all the stock shit out & now my lease is up & they won't take it back unless it's stock."

If they still have it then no one else thinks it's a good value either. If you still want it, look up trade in value & offer $500-1000 over that. In good condition they're around $4,500.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I need an interpretation please! Reply with quote

Sounds like I need to keep searching. There is no way I would pay his asking price - he does open the door to an offer since he has added OBO since reposting his ad.

I really thought I was buying my last new car when I bought that 2013 Jetta TDI 3 years ago. VW put their teat in the wringer when they decided to go ahead and use cheating software in the ECM.

I'll be looking at this car on Tuesday. If I can get the guy down to a reasonable price and the car checks out I'll buy it. I'll come back here and post the results in any case.

Give me an acvw to access and I'm not lost one bit. Put a radiator on a car and I'm lost!

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I need an interpretation please! Reply with quote

You already posted this here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=668880

Please use that older thread
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: