Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunny74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Awesome bus, thread and great videos...I like the pup too!
AirAssault2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

It's been awhile, sadly I have been away from my bus for the last six months. I did get to drive her briefly over Christmas break and was able to capture a pretty cool long exposure picture. Who says a bus can't go fast?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

AirAssault2 wrote:
It's been awhile, sadly I have been away from my bus for the last six months. I did get to drive her briefly over Christmas break and was able to capture a pretty cool long exposure picture. Who says a bus can't go fast?

That is a seriously cool picture!
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

AirAssault2 wrote:
Ah yes, the ‘70’s.......... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
panic_fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

AirAssault2 wrote:

Stole that for my desktop wallpaper. Hope you don't mind. That's cool.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291988&highlight=

"Still learnin the way around my VW bay"
Teal Bay Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AirAssault2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. I absolutely don't mind that you are using it as your desktop picture. I actually think that is awesome! You guys rock!
AirAssault2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Man, it has been awhile! A long time since I last posted on here, in fact, since then I've moved to Southern California and finally got the bus out here. I plan on continuing to treat her as a rolling restoration. I have a question for you all. I just replaced the upper bunk cot canvas (my bus never came with one) I purchased it from BD and I know that a 73 is different in size. However, it feels like the canvas is too small. The cot closes when as little weight as my Bentley Manual is in it. Any tips from stretching it out or any issues out in the bus universe regarding this?
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Welcome to California! Where in CA are you?
Chances are, you will find plenty of Sambanistas nearby.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AirAssault2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Thanks man, I am in East San Diego County!
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

AirAssault2 wrote:
Thanks man, I am in East San Diego County!

Very cool. You've got lots of Sambanistas to help whenever you need them. Most of them are in W. SD, though...

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1973 VW Westfalia build in 2015, 2016 and beyond! Reply with quote

Nice job on your bus. Not too bad only having to replace the alternator. Really digging that long exposure shot!! (AND YOU WERE GOING THAT FAST ON P TIRES?!?!) Just kidding. I don't give two craps about your tires. Roll what you want.

Welcome to California. Hope to see you at one of the MANY meets here. Next is Busses by the Bridge in Lake Havasu.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: