Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions)
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

As the title said. We get the same question every month and maybe we could all come up with some of the best threads that relates to this.

For example:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=654569
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

If someone wants to send me a listing of threads with common questions/issues and where they are answered I can make a Sticky.

Or post in this thread...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

I like the idea, but rather than loading up the sticky sub[heading with individual topic areas, why not recreate something like this: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798

Unfortunately that's a really time consuming process, and both the current EV mods have their hands full with the Vanagon section. Perhaps someone from the ranks should be elevated to assist them with these sorts of section-specific tasks.
gakali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

jjvincent wrote:
As the title said. We get the same question every month and maybe we could all come up with some of the best threads that relates to this.

For example:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=654569&highlight=01p

Yes good idea. Or maybe someone (ie. JJ Wink ) could make the first post with a concise and logical diagnostic path along with a list of possible repair options. Sorting through huge convoluted threads to come up with basic answers is not usually a very efficient way to research.

If people were asked to post their successful repair stories along with details of their problem scenario that could be beneficial as well.

It's likely just a matter of time until the thread gets gummed up and bogged down with digressions but at least the first few posts would provide solid info. especially for newbies. Also encouraging people to stay on topic for the benefit of the thread might be good.

1999 Eurovan
2003 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro
1992 W201 190e 2.3 Mercedes
2006 W220 S600 V12 Twin Turbo 5.5 Mercedes
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

gakali wrote:
Yes good idea. Or maybe someone (ie. JJ Wink ) could make the first post with a concise and logical diagnostic path along with a list of possible repair options. Sorting through huge convoluted threads to come up with basic answers is not usually a very efficient way to research.

Yes, this is often how threads get made into Stickies too - Someone makes a thread with a very detailed first post.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

gakali wrote:
Yes good idea. Or maybe someone (ie. JJ Wink ) could make the first post with a concise and logical diagnostic path along with a list of possible repair options.

+1

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

I'm working on something. Then I'll post it. After that we can change and add to it.
JMB3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

I would prefer a wiki article to a forum posting. But that's just MHO.

http://vweurovan.wikia.com/wiki/Transmission
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I like the idea, but rather than loading up the sticky sub[heading with individual topic areas, why not recreate something like this: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798

^That's actually been on the agenda for months. Embarassed I've got the EV FAQ sticky started and will be adapting it to the EV forum.

As for topics to include in the FAQ, that's on you EV guys... make suggestions here, or via PM and we'll get 'em added. Cool
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

I think these come up often enough to add.

For T4a Eurovan 02b transmission
Shift linkage
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...p;start=18

For any T4a/T4b Eurovan
Cooling fans
http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/thread.jspa?messageID=304090&#304090

Not the best resource on a diesel conversion, but I do have a good parts needed list, and did get it successfully up and running/licensed in the state of WA.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=443865
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

Joshwa wrote:
I think these come up often enough to add.

Added, along with several other topics. Cool

Keep 'em coming! Very Happy
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

Quick thread on AT fluids with part numbers

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=685720
Thoragaverung
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

I found that thread on converting a hardtop Eurovan to a Westy to be super useful. I'd recommend it be added to the FAQ. You've got an engine conversion link, so why not?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=537597&sid=98e955bf25264cefe172150f3fb0ad17
neisman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Should there be a sticky for "transmission" Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
If someone wants to send me a listing of threads with common questions/issues and where they are answered I can make a Sticky.

Or post in this thread...

Let's get this stickey finished "Eurovan Essentials: The FAQ Guide".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

Keeping this thread alive...here’s a playlist of relevant repair tutorials specific to the T4: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWep5LzT0sxmsjGRfdNu8mxqznGNvbhTL
lucksp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky for "transmission"? (FAQ Topic Suggestions) Reply with quote

Can this electric wiring diagram link be added to the "Essentials" guide: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1995/95_117rg_wiring.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: