Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
78busboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

Might be ugly to some, but that won't matter.

Quick, let's name a new car that we all like to look at. I can only think of one: the P 991 series. Preferably the Targa. (IMHO The Volvo S90 and the new Defender aren't bad, either.)

Ugly won't factor. Stats, efficiency, price, quality, and a sprinkling of novelty will be the primary sales drivers.

My perfectly stock Titian Red T3 Westy was gorgeous, but only in a way that a vintage VW fan could appreciate. Everyone else who is not on TheSamba was probably thinking, wtf??

This new design obviously isn't as clean or classic as a T1 or T2, but it's probably better than the T3. And, inside it's roomier than all of them, including the T4 and beyond.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

You are right! There are very few new car offerings these days that are easy on the eyes.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
There's pretty much nothing nostalgic about it.........the fugly thing.

it is ugly and the nike symbol means it is shit to me. them headlights look horrible, interior with a squared off wheel and I pad is just plain dumb. The fact it is electric means it is no good for me, cant take it on long trips like camping without wasting time trying to charge it, that is if a charger is even available.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

78busboy wrote:
Might be ugly to some, but that won't matter.

Quick, let's name a new car that we all like to look at. I can only think of one: the P 991 series. Preferably the Targa. (IMHO The Volvo S90 and the new Defender aren't bad, either.)

Ugly won't factor. Stats, efficiency, price, quality, and a sprinkling of novelty will be the primary sales drivers.

My perfectly stock Titian Red T3 Westy was gorgeous, but only in a way that a vintage VW fan could appreciate. Everyone else who is not on TheSamba was probably thinking, wtf??

This new design obviously isn't as clean or classic as a T1 or T2, but it's probably better than the T3. And, inside it's roomier than all of them, including the T4 and beyond.

The Vanagon appears to be much more roomier than that electric van. from the photo on the first page of this thread, that electric thing appear to be less roomy than the original Bus.

Range and charge time will be a big factor in many not wanting it.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
78busboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

New name being floated is ID7. (Continuity from the upcoming T7, I suppose.)

Better than ID Buzz, but perhaps still not perfect.

ID8 rolls off the tongue a little better.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bay Bus announced this morning Reply with quote

From other users
gzaharatos67 wrote:

Link

For those who haven't seen yet. I didn't see any other posts, so here it is.

spacetiger wrote:
Just out today

Link

Shonandb wrote:
VW all electric ID entering production phase - Not sure how I feel about this....?

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportat...022-03-09/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

There's a cargo version:

Press release and photo/video gallery:
https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1667
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

I didn't read the article but in one of the videos above, it said the Commercial/Cargo version won't be in the USA.

Import taxes I bet?
Aka the "Chicken Tax":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
suburban_hooligan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

nothing but the bastard love child between a mini van and a smart phone Rolling Eyes

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

Looks like Previa gestation is 7 years…..
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

Back in 2001 I went to the Detroit Auto show to see this Eurovan-based concept. Many of you may remember it, some of you may have been born around that time.

You can spot many design similarities:

CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
Back in 2001 I went to the Detroit Auto show to see this Eurovan-based concept. Many of you may remember it, some of you may have been born around that time.

I was just thinking last night how the Buzz looks just like the concept car I saw in Hot VW's 20+ years ago! Body-wise, not a lot changed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

How much of a pain in the ass is it going to be to clean the inside of the windshield? It's like a mile away.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

For the $$, no way. It would compete with a nice and more roomy Syncro. I don't like these new E cars, the mining practices that is. We should stick w natural "In-Finite" resources like crude. It's a VAN anywho, not split bus, and I'm sure it "Beeps" when you sneeze, then drives you to a vaccine center. I'm married, I have enough of being told what to do
FeveredMind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

If I want to go renewable, I'll just convert my splitty to electric, all the while spending less money than I would have to buy one of these. Classic styling, with a modern drive train. Best of both worlds.

It's a pass on the ID BUZZ for me.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

From the majority of these comments, it appears we are all old and set in our ways. I am not necessarily closed to the idea of change, but I'll always be closed to OUTRAGEOUS pricing.

How about compressed air power or magnetic power?
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

Fiddlestyx wrote:
How much of a pain in the ass is it going to be to clean the inside of the windshield? It's like a mile away.

It's called the Lumina minivan effect Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

It's a garbage overpriced plastic minivan that is already old. We've been seeing the 'Buzz' about this Buzz for literally years. Stop already.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

Globespotter wrote:
It's a garbage overpriced plastic minivan that is already old. We've been seeing the 'Buzz' about this Buzz for literally years. Stop already.

DITTO !
it's like I already owned one and sold it.
Definitely Not being older, I have 2020 2015 cars - they talk, they beep, the steering wheel vibrates, you need a degree in IT and I would rather work on a real car. The only Buzz I want today, well you know.
Renewable, it is not in the long run and as Lithium runs-out, more expensive as the years pass.
I don't think we will see a Buzz category on Samba in the near future either.
You're correct, they pushed this thing to its death. I would EVEN rather have a Bay window with a "V" painted on the front clip Razz
Oh, and LED rope lights look a bit disco
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New EV Bus announced this morning - Buzz Reply with quote

It's shit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: