Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

On the road to....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Damn, the corpse (dead bus) isn't even home and these guys are circling.. Laughing

Hey now, Stuart DID say "Already begun the stripping process..." before I chimed in...

Leaves might still be OK inside the tube there.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

If I do pull them, it will be the very last thing, as I plan to keep it a roller as long as I can since it's on my parents farm Wink

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
That's funny Bill. But some of us have been watching the corpse rot for 7 months Wink

Aint that the truth.

My HD bar got bent?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Xevin wrote:
That's funny Bill. But some of us have been watching the corpse rot for 7 months Wink

Aint that the truth.

My HD bar got bent?

Laughing the old one did back when I did the BDR. New one is fine. Sorta. Can't remember if I've clipped it on anything yet or not

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Xevin wrote:

Aint that the truth.

My HD bar got bent?

Laughing the old one did back when I did the BDR. New one is fine. Sorta. Can't remember if I've clipped it on anything yet or not

ETA?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

ETA?

At this rate, about ten minutes ago.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:

ETA?

At this rate, about ten minutes ago.

I know right. Undaley ariba - ariba!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
MorkC68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Jeez Stuart.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Maisy and your adventures, sad to see the damage done but I am glad to read that you came out okay.

All the best fella!
- 180W Solar System

My blog: https://twolatebays.wordpress.com/
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Xevin wrote:

Aint that the truth.

My HD bar got bent?

ETA?

Tuesday evening

206-841-7324
[email protected]
sunnydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
...some of us have been watching the corpse rot for 7 months Wink

I was over at Xevin's some months back and got the whole story out of Stu firsthand, then bullied him into giving me a picture of the carnage. I tore open a can of IPA 97 to look like Maisy's crushed schnozzle, and took a picture of the picture on his phone. I spent the last 2 months threatening to randomly post it up with no warning to him and start a firestorm of controversy as punishment for his jackassery. What would you guys have thought if this photo appeared in the Beers and Bays thread with no caption? In the end, I couldn't do it. Stu is genuinely heartbroken but honestly he's mostly thankful to just be alive.

Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Had the first big hiccup this morning around 3:30am. Did a light check, drove 80 miles, stop, immediately check the lights again, and the left magnetic light was gone! Just left with a length of wire!

Naturally the genius in me decided the tail light on the bus worked fine before...might as well use that! So I got the left turn signal working, but can't get a brake light or a running light to work. Bummer. One daylight hours left anyways (home by dark or so) do not stressed about it. Got reflective tape on the back of the bus anyways for visibility at night, so here goes nothin!

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Pics of the missing brake light:

Then the second major catastrophe happened. Going downhill into Leavenworth, around 45 and around a corner with plenty of cars trailing behind me...and the left wheel strap SNAPPED. For real. One more person tell me I'm a bad driver...witness me save it like that one time and you'll shut up real quick. And that isn't a one time save, I am just that good.

And really dang lucky Shocked

Got it rigged back up, drove into town, bought a new temporary strap, and we are an hour from home, rolling in smoothly.

Got an obligatory picture at beckler road, where many many memories have been had...

See you all again soon!

206-841-7324
[email protected]
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
If I do pull them, it will be the very last thing, as I plan to keep it a roller as long as I can since it's on my parents farm

I'd be willing to come up and spend a day swapping them out for the (weak sagging) ones from my beam in order to keep it a roller. They're either stuffed up in my garage rafters or out at Mike Boell's place -- spring steel like that is good for blacksmithing, which I continue to occasionally dabble with.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

tristessa wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
If I do pull them, it will be the very last thing, as I plan to keep it a roller as long as I can since it's on my parents farm

I'd be willing to come up and spend a day swapping them out for the (weak sagging) ones from my beam in order to keep it a roller. They're either stuffed up in my garage rafters or out at Mike Boell's place -- spring steel like that is good for blacksmithing, which I continue to occasionally dabble with.

i have a feeling mine are bad, but if youd like to do that, i could set that up. plenty of room to park and camp over a weekend should you and the wife like to just make a trip out of it Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Welcome home, Stu. Nice meeting you and Mom!

On that wheel strap...see where the nylon is tensioned against the metal bar edge? That will chafe through quickly unless you relieve the pressure with some heavy leather, rubber, or the like. I doubt that strap failed in tension, it probably fatigued to death
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Welcome home, Stu. Nice meeting you and Mom!

On that wheel strap...see where the nylon is tensioned against the metal bar edge? That will chafe through quickly unless you relieve the pressure with some heavy leather, rubber, or the like. I doubt that strap failed in tension, it probably fatigued to death

It had a metal loop and the loop broke off, that was the temp solution to get home. Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
dugfresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: On the road to.... Reply with quote

I spotted a pic someone posted on FB of a freshly wrecked Maisy... sad for sure to recognize a bus in FL from here in Seattle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Jump to:
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: