Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugatti replica wheels
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
narrowfarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Bugatti replica wheels Reply with quote

Hello, I would like to install model A spoke wheels on my VW , Bugatti T35 fiberglass replica .I have a 1966 chassis with the wide 5 wheel pattern.

What are people doing to install these Model A wheels?? Can my wide 5 drums be drilled out by someone to accept the model A bolt pattern?? or do I switch to a 4 drum and have them drilled out or use a wheel adapter???

The car is just driven locally in town.

Thanks
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugatti replica wheels Reply with quote

Do you have the wheels already? I always thought model A brake drums were part of the wheel. If I'm wrong the best thing to do would be to get drums drilled to the proper bolt pattern and use press in studs for mounting.

brad
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugatti replica wheels Reply with quote

Model A is 5x5-1/2 bolt pattern. Like you're thinking, the shape of the wide-5 drum will prevent you from just re-drilling them. Converting the front to the 4 lug, flat-faced drums and the rear to '68 4 lug drums and then having them re-drilled is probably your best bet.
duck1098
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bugatti replica wheels Reply with quote

narrowfarm wrote:
Hello, I would like to install model A spoke wheels on my VW , Bugatti T35 fiberglass replica .I have a 1966 chassis with the wide 5 wheel pattern.

What are people doing to install these Model A wheels?? Can my wide 5 drums be drilled out by someone to accept the model A bolt pattern?? or do I switch to a 4 drum and have them drilled out or use a wheel adapter???

The car is just driven locally in town.

Thanks

Did you ever figure out what to do with those wheels?I have the exact same car and wheels.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: